It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Need help my fused vertebrae titanium screws broke

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
    Rob250R
    (male)

Rob250R HB User
    Need help my fused vertebrae titanium screws broke

Hi, 2 years ago I broke my T12 vertebrae really bad by a compression fracture, and I had a operation and got the vertebrae above and below the broken one fused together with screws, rods and a cage looking thing. somehow(i dont even know when) the bottom screws broke just outside the lower vertebrae and now my hangers are sticking out about a half a inch but are not sticking through my skin on my back and I can feel them move sometimes and now I need to get another operation as soon as my doctor gets back from vacation. I need to know if anyone else has had this kind of problem ?? I dont know why titanium would even brake its the strongest metal we know of, my doctor told me when I got the operation that the metal would never brake I just had to worry about the stress on the fused vertebrae's.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rob250R:
    lijuki (03-29-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread