It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• More Than 1 Year after C5-6 ACDF and Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
    kgwoz
    (female)

kgwoz HB User
    More Than 1 Year after C5-6 ACDF and Problems

I had an C5-6 ACDF done back in September 2006, and have been doing fine. Everything looks fused, etc.

A few days ago I woke up with neck pain (felt like when I woke up with the neck pain that lead to my surgery). I am now feeling a little tingling/pain going down my right arm/fingers. I'm a little freaked out since this is deja vu with what happened the first time that lead to the surgery. I haven't called my surgeon yet, because I want to give it a little time to hopefully get better.

On my last MRI before surgery, my C6-7 was protruding to the left slightly. My problem is in my right arm though.

Any ideas or advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: More Than 1 Year after C5-6 ACDF and Problems

I had my C5-C7 ACDF in 05/2006 and about 9 months ago began having the same symptoms again down the same arm (left). Turns out I have foraminal narrowing and an osteophyte that won't go away. I'm having a posterior cervical foraminotomy in late May.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
    drhmom
    (female)

drhmom HB User
    Re: More Than 1 Year after C5-6 ACDF and Problems

I have problems running down my left side sometimes but the disc is herniated at the right. Sometimes it runs down the right arm(not so much), mostly down the left, and sometimes even both. I do have a few things other than just the herniated disc going on too, but I don't know the reason behind it changing sides. Hope you are feeling better.

Closed Thread