It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Do anyone here have vertebral hemanigomas?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Do anyone here have vertebral hemanigomas?

I have been having severe thoracic pain. I am prior cervical 3 level acdf patient, but now my thoracic has bulges and 2 levels of hemangiomas. I believe this is what is causing my pain - doesn't anyone have experience with vertebral hemangioma ? (feelbad, I know about your cavernous type) mine are not like that. I see doctor in 2 weeks - in meantime trying to learn about these. Any info/advice appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
    BobM
    (male)

BobM HB User
    Re: Do anyone here have vertebral hemanigomas?

Hello neckpatient
    Seems like our problems are never ending, doesn't it? I have been fused from C4 to C7, have problems with my L-Spine (injections, but no surgery), and hemangiomas at multiple levels.

My Drs don't think the hemangiomas are the source of the continuing pain I experience, because they are still small and not in locations to put pressure on nerves, etc. If they get large enough or grow into areas where they would impinge on nerves, then they could cause pain, just as any other problem that impinges on nerves (like disc problems, osteophytes, etc).

Please post what you find out - from everything I've read these are not 'typically' a big problem, but still I wonder.

Bob

Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: Do anyone here have vertebral hemanigomas?

Hi Bob - yes we are a pair. I do not know what is my problem yet, waiting on my appointment. but I do know that I have escalating pain and the bulges are not that big that were found in the Ts. I guess we will see what they say. Thanks for the info!!

Closed Thread