It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• C5/C6 cervical epidural...now swollen wrist

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
    avglenn
    (male)

avglenn HB User
    C5/C6 cervical epidural...now swollen wrist

I had a cervical epidural for neck and arm pain for my left side. During and after the injection had severe pain in right side arm & hand . Notice 2 days later wrist swelled with pain in thumb and forefinger. I have a hard time using hand to open jars/ doors , grippin etc. . 3 months later no change and Spine Dr. doesnt understand or believe the epidural caused this. I have had no luck or response from the Dr. that performed the epidural. Has anyone experienced this type of thing with a cervical epidural ??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: C5/C6 cervical epidural...now swollen wrist

I agree this would be an odd complication I have had many ESIs and talked to many other folks and none have had this type issue with downstream in the arm. Although increased pain/pressure in your neck/shoulder for a day or two after the procedure is common. Good luck

Old 05-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
    avglenn
    (male)

avglenn HB User
    Re: C5/C6 cervical epidural...now swollen wrist

Thanks for responding neck patient. I went to my General Dr. today and he says it looks like tendenitis to him. I guess it was just coincidence it swelled up the week of the cervical epideral. Thx again

Closed Thread