It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• symptoms of problems with C6,7-T1,

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
    symptoms of problems with C6,7-T1,

Hello everyone have not been here for awhile. I have been having alot of pain & issues & this week started with new PM doc. He feels that I may indeed have some things going on in the C 6-7, & perhaps even T1, which scares me.
    So I was hoping for those of you with problems in that area perhaps you can share some of what you are experiancing.
    I have alot of shoulder/arm & chest issues, going into the ribs, which may be muscle damage. Just recently I started having pain & weekness down both arms/shoulders going into the hands, no strength lots of shooting aching pain. Has not been continueos wiht the hands but scary & has me worried, this was only on left side but it now effecting the right. I can get massive headaches at times to if the neck it messed with. The weather I have discovered can make things much worse.
    I went through shoulder surgery hoping that things would improve. Although my range of motion did improve the pain & other problems remained. The previous MRI showed some issues in those areas but were deemed not bad enough to cause these problems. Now the new doctor is not convinced that is the case & will be sending me for some injections to see what happens.
    So I am curious to see what some of you are experiancing who have problems in that area. I would really appreciate it if you could share some symptoms with me. Thanks so much, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #2
    Marywoo
    Veteran
    (female)

Marywoo HB User
    Re: symptoms of problems with C6,7-T1,

Sammy hello, c6 and c7 are a couple of my problems.here are some of my symtoms.weakness of left side pain in mid upper back under rib cage pain when breathing siactia pain down left leg severe mentrual periods.i have other issues and other pains but i think these are from c6 c7.i had pain for years before my dr checked the neck i hope they caught yours in time.i do know people who have been treated sucessfully for these areas,just please be careful,their are other people more knowledgable on these things than me.so get alot of information.do you have mental confusion? i dont want to scare you but it is a sreious location,so please take precautions.i hope you get the anwsers you need.good luck sammy. mary

Old 06-20-2008, 05:39 AM   #3
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hey Sammy,

I wanted to check i with you even though I am not feeling wewll and scared my self.

We have always had simalar issues with the burning pain in the shoulder and scapula. I have had my C-7 and T1 both looked at on some x-rays and in the MRI's and I am sure they hae been seen during various other things thaat have been done to me.

My neurologist and the MRI report both say there is nothing going on there and it is more than likely secondary from the C 3-4 C 4-5 C 5-6 injuries and bad discs.

Hope you will feel better soon.
    Chrissy
    PS.
    Please check my other thread in the PM spot. I am still needing support.

Last edited by skych; 06-20-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Adding

Old 06-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
    tiggertoo2174
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Sammy,

I've got problems with C5-6-7 bulging disks, bone spurs, etc. They did a new MRI this week (last was 1 1/2 years ago), but I don't have the results yet. Like you I've got neck, shoulder, arm, and rib/chest pain. Mine is on the right and I had rotator cuff surgery on the right shoulder 2 years ago to remove a bone spur and fix a tear that turned out not to be there. Up till now I've been told "it's nerve pain", but I started PT again, 4th time for the same stuff, and the PT says "it's the shoulder muscles". Right now I don't know what to think, but am going to try the PT for a few times anyway - I don't have much strength in that arm, I haven't since the surgery. They did the new MRI because the new PM doc is thinking that something else has happened around C7-T1 that is causing the rib/chest pain. That only started about 3-4 months ago. I wish there were some sort of magic test they could do and tell where all this is really coming from.

Tigg.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

tigger I know how you feel, tired of all the running in circles, never a direct answer. My shoulder hurts like mad & scapula area worse since surgery, better ROM for the most part though, but never gained it all back.
    Chrissy I am always here for you, always I wish I could come get you & just bring you home with me so I could just take care of you & make sure you were not alone. I am serious. I do not like that you are alone. I am glad you have friends but I still worry about you.
    Mary oddly enough we have some simulair things going on. I am not sure if it is linked but my cylces how become out of this world, & yes at times I feel abit out of it. Not from the meds but just like I cant think clear. Strange.
    I do wonder. Has you doctor confirmed any of this is caused by your spinal issues? Very interesting & abit scary. Let me know, thanks ladies, Ironic this was the board I started out on & now I am back.... Sammy

Closed Thread