It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• any treatment short of surgery for L4-L5 and L5-Ls1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2008, 04:25 AM   #1
    knowthyselfpk
    (female)

knowthyselfpk HB User
    any treatment short of surgery for L4-L5 and L5-Ls1

my sister, aged 36, professionally medical doctor is suffering from disc problem for the last one month.after MRI and CT scan there was a diagnosis of ' disk prolapse in two discs, namely L4 and L5 / L5 and S1. please note that, in L4 and L5 there is prolapse as well as partial tear ', wheras in L5 and Ls1 there is only prolapse. Physiotherapy was administered after 2 weeks of diagnosis.......after the physiotherapy numbness and tingling sensations in right leg started....now its been one month.

doctors are suggesting surgery.....i want to know any other treatment short of surgery for this numbness.....pl note that the problem in disc is on left side but the numbness and tingling sensation is on the right leg.....to this i have a doubt that it might not be nerve pressing...it might be something else....thats why i wanna know about opinion on surgery...

Besides, some pain started in neck suggesting some nerve compression due to pain and less grip in right arm.

thanks

Last edited by knowthyselfpk; 07-17-2008 at 04:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread