It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Numbness in Right Arm, Hand, Leg and Foot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
    Vanilla Icing
    (female)

Vanilla Icing HB User
    Numbness in Right Arm, Hand, Leg and Foot

They used to last for 2 or 3 days, they come and go.

they also happen to my left side as well but it stopped. But 2 months ago I got the numbness in my right side and its still there, my hand is weak, I don't like to open it, its always closed.
    No pain, but the feeling is annoying

I'm 21, female.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
    Re: Numbness in Right Arm, Hand, Leg and Foot

What does the doctor say? You need to find out the cause of this so you can be treated. Could be the heart or a pinched nerve in your spine...at any rate something isn't right.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
    tomiannb
    (female)

tomiannb HB User

This sounds like a condition called cervical myelopathy. It occurs when the compression on your cervical spinal cord is so severe that not only do you get the typical upper extremity symptoms, but your lower extremities are affected as well. It is typically one sided. You need to see a neurosurgeon ASAP! Only a MRI can diagnose this. I was diagnosed with this a couple of years ago & required surgery. Because, I waited so long to have the surgery I now have permanent damage, cervical myelomalacia, and deal with pain on a daily basis. I am only 37. And I have to work everyday...I am a Nurse Anesthetist, so I can't take pain meds and do my job. So do yourself a favor and see a doctor now. Living in pain is mentally and physically draining!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
    Vanilla Icing
    (female)

Vanilla Icing HB User

Quote:
    What does the doctor say? You need to find out the cause of this so you can be treated. Could be the heart or a pinched nerve in your spine...at any rate something isn't right.
    scared to go lol

Thanks =)

Quote:
    This sounds like a condition called cervical myelopathy. It occurs when the compression on your cervical spinal cord is so severe that not only do you get the typical upper extremity symptoms, but your lower extremities are affected as well. It is typically one sided. You need to see a neurosurgeon ASAP! Only a MRI can diagnose this. I was diagnosed with this a couple of years ago & required surgery. Because, I waited so long to have the surgery I now have permanent damage, cervical myelomalacia, and deal with pain on a daily basis. I am only 37. And I have to work everyday...I am a Nurse Anesthetist, so I can't take pain meds and do my job. So do yourself a favor and see a doctor now. Living in pain is mentally and physically draining!
    that's not good, I'm out of the country won't be back until october

how long did it take you to recover?
    do you advice to do the surgery?
    thanks hun

Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
    babafirehorse
    (male)

babafirehorse HB User

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're in such discomfort. I hope you get some relief soon!

I don't know where you are at this time, but: Have you thought of seeking medical attention in another country? Apparently some American-based insurance companies will pay for medical services in other countries. Even without insurance, there might be some assistance for you sooner rather than later.

Much goodness to you!
    B

Old 07-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #6
    Vanilla Icing
    (female)

Vanilla Icing HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by babafirehorse View Post
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're in such discomfort. I hope you get some relief soon!

I don't know where you are at this time, but: Have you thought of seeking medical attention in another country? Apparently some American-based insurance companies will pay for medical services in other countries. Even without insurance, there might be some assistance for you sooner rather than later.

Much goodness to you!
    B
    No, I want to do it back home, makes me more relaxed and comfortable.

Thanks

Closed Thread