It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Got the MRI I have no idea what it means.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
    calm77
    (female)

calm77 HB User
    Got the MRI I have no idea what it means.

Can any one tell me what this means? The nurse said I had severe spinal cord impingement but it does not read that way here. I am so confused.

At the C4-C5 mild to moderately severe right nerural foraminal narrowing is noted.

At the C5-C6 level there is a broad-based disc bulge with an eccentric component that appears to extend into the left neural foramen,. This results in severe left nerural foraminal narrowing. There is also a component that extends towards the right neural foramen, resulting in moderate right neural foraminal narrowing. The CSF is not completely effaced, and the cord is not deformed.

Postsurgical changes are noted at C6-C7; solid appearing fusion. There is increased signal in the C6 vertebral body in a very geographic pattern with stippling that has predominantly increatsed signal on all sequences. This is apparently related to previous surgery. The central canal is widely patent at c6-c7. The neural foramina show mild neural foraminal narrowing on the left at C6-C7.

At the c7-T1 level the central canal is widely patent. There is a lateral disc bulge that extends into the right neural foramen resulting in moderately severe right neural foraminal narrowing. The left neural foramen is widely patent. The central canal is widely patent.

Last edited by calm77; 07-21-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: Got the MRI I have no idea what it means.

When the findings say:

"At the C5-C6 level there is a broad-based disc bulge with an eccentric component that appears to extend into the left neural foramen,. This results in severe left nerural foraminal narrowing. There is also a component that extends towards the right neural foramen, resulting in moderate right neural foraminal narrowing. The CSF is not completely effaced, and the cord is not deformed."

It may mean the area around the spinal cord is affected (impinged). What I see here is similar to what I had pre-ACDF - results showing nerve impingement. What symptoms do you have? My symptoms were pain down my left arm and into my fingers (my MRI showed foraminal narrowing and disc impinging on the nerve on the left hand side).

Last edited by SpineAZ; 07-21-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
    calm77
    (female)

calm77 HB User
    Re: Got the MRI I have no idea what it means.

I have been having periods of uncontrollable movements that look like seizures or jerks, numbness and tingling down both arms and also to my feet. They say I have neuropathy in my feet but no other known cause for such a thing (like diabetes.) I have periods of irregular heartbeat but my stress test came back fine. I also have a venous angioma in my brain but they do not think that is causing any of this. I have been living with pain so long I am not sure I can even recall what not having pain is like.

Closed Thread