It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• DR pushing down on head

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
    johndavid24
    (male)

johndavid24 HB User
    DR pushing down on head

what is the doctor checking for when he pushes down on the top of your head?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
    Re: DR pushing down on head

What kind of pain do you have? We need much more information before it's possible to answer your question.

Regards,

Ex

Old 08-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
    johndavid24
    (male)

johndavid24 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    What kind of pain do you have? We need much more information before it's possible to answer your question.

Regards,

Ex
    c5 c6 fusion and a disc replaced at c7 t1,buldging at c2 c3

Last edited by johndavid24; 08-07-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: update, forgot to add , and pain at c2 area

Old 08-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

I'm sure the Doc knows where all the pressure points & etc are. At my clinic, back pain comprises of around 70% of the patients....I've heard my Doc make comments about how they can tell if people are faking & etc. by tests they do. I'm not suggesting by any means that this apply to you, but just a matter of reference.

I'm not very familiar with back injury/pain, so I'm not sure. I feel that other regular contributors who are more qualified to answer will hopefully jump in @ some point.

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help more.

Ex

Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

As a lumbar spinney, I would think he was trying to test you to see how you reacted. If someone did that to me now, I would be arrested for knocking them across the room. I would think it would add pressure and cause pain.

I know for the lower back they have me lift my legs. Left leg is okay but the right one brings on my sciatica pain.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

I think it is, at least partially, looking for the stability of the neck. How your body reacts to the pressure (head going straight up and down vs. muscular problems where you might move it to the right or left).

Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
    johndavid24
    (male)

johndavid24 HB User

When he pushed , it almost made me fall off the bed, pain shot in several different places around my neck and up in my head, I thought I was going to pass out

Closed Thread