It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Help me please!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
    fighting4life
    (female)

fighting4life HB User
    Help me please!!!

Im in pain all the time time from the base of my head to mid back, my shoulders, arms, collar bone, under my shoulder blades and now I'm loosing my balance as well as control of my right hand. I take heavy duty medications but have yet to see an orthopedic surgeon. Here is my MRI, what does anyone think about it:
    "there is loss of the cervical lordotic curvature, c3-4 there is less than a 2-mm annulus bulge. The spinanal canal and neural foramina are patent at both levels.

c4-5 There is a 3-4mm left lateral subligamentous disc protrusion. There is moderate left neural foraminal stenosis. There is mild cervical cord effacement. The spinal canal is intact. the right neural foramen is patent.

c5-6 There is a 2-3mm broad-based and lateral combined subligamentous disc protrusion and osteophytic ridge formaion. There is mild cervical cord contact along the ventral and left lateral margin. There is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. The spinal canal is intact.

c6-7 There is a 1-2mm right lateral disc bulge. There is mild proximal right neural foraminal stenosis. The spinal canal is intact. The left neural foramen is patent. Incidental note is made of disc bulges and disc protrusion at T1-2,T2-3,T3-4 and T4-5. Scollosis in the upper cervical spine."

Last edited by fighting4life; 08-08-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 04:06 AM   #2
    Mag311
    (female)

Mag311 HB User
    Re: Help me please!!!

It sounds like you have a lot of bulging discs in your cervical area that are pinching on nerves. You have them at three different levels if I read right. I do not know what most of that means...but protrusions and bulges usually means bulging disc which can be good or not good. Some people have bulging disc and they never have pain from it....others get even a little one and they pain is awful! Sounds like that last one is your case. I am so sorry! I am guessing your surgeon will go over all of this with you and find a game plan. Usually some like to start conservative and start with cortisone injections and physical therapy or tens....to see if that will move the disc off the nerves. If not...sometimes surgery is a must. However, at all those levels in your neck if you have fused you would lose motion in your neck.

Has anyone had more then 2 fusions in their cervical area?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
    fighting4life
    (female)

fighting4life HB User

Thank you so much for responding! My PM has already tries so far an epidural injection and facet joint blocks to no avail. I just don't know what to expect from the surgeon and Im so nervous. I looked up the definitions of some of the terminology, and from what I can comprehend, I have several medical conditions going on at once. The worst being the spinal cord contact, which leads to other symptamatic problems....some of which I have noticed within the last 4 months. I just don't know and my appointment is still 5 weeks away. Anxiety is taking a toll on me! Help

Old 08-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
    Mag311
    (female)

Mag311 HB User

Is there anyway to get a referrel to another ortho or neuro surgeon who can fit you in sooner to go over your results? Does your surgeon work with a partner that may be able to get you in sooner? Ask around and see if people have recommendations and if your comfortable maybe take them up on it and see if you can get in quicker. Or maybe just ask the physican assistant if he could have the doc look over your films and call or write with a better explanation you may understand better. Goodluck! I am so sorry there is so much going on!

Old 08-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
    fighting4life
    (female)

fighting4life HB User

Thanks again Mag, but it's a workers comp medical claim and of course everything is red tape and has to be processed before approval, then you have to wait for written authorization and by the time that all happens your physician of choice(if he fits into the workers comp physician list) has to fit you in when and where he/she can. This appointment was elected and is longer away for me to travel, because the initial app. would not have been until October, that was closer to home. It's just all one big mess, meanwhile the patient/employee gets worse and worse and nobody wants to be responsible for the medical outcome. I konw I will just have to continue to pray and wait! I do appreciate your attention and responses. Please keep in touch, someone to talk to in these times are essential!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
    fighting4life
    (female)

fighting4life HB User

Hello All,
    It's me again with even more now than before. I went to the local ER a couple on nights ago because my legs from the knee to the toes were swollen tremendously and I had a big blister on the right leg that begin to leak puss. Diagnosis was cellulitus, and peripheral edema. The doctor did blood work and again no answers. He gave me antibiotics for the cellulitus but would not prescribe a diuretic for the edema because my pressure was already too low. Im continuing to have pain, walking like a drunk person but now Im falling backwards too and I have the hiccups every single day with trouble swallowing and constant heartburn or acid reflux! Can anyone relate?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
    lsmith1
    (female)

lsmith1 HB User

I have the constant heartburn also...I think it is from the anxiety. I have been in so much pain that I think I am freaking myself out...I take xanax and it does not even help. My doc has me taking Tums after every meal which seems to be helping a little. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread