It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• excrutiating night time pain..PLEASE HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
    barbiegirlxo
    (female)

barbiegirlxo HB User
    excrutiating night time pain..PLEASE HELP

im desperately in need of answers. i have always had a large chest a 38 DD but never any back problems. it was approximately 4 months ago that this horror begin. i had always sporadically been affected by charlie horses but i never realized that i'd get something so similar in my back. my friend and i had gotten into a car accident. she smashed into another guy's bumper and we were both fine. approximately a week later i was woken out of a sound sleep but what felt like excrutiating back spasms on both sides of my back. it hurt to breathe in and i just started screamed. i couldn't lay on my side because it made the areas feel like they were being pulled. i layed on my back and did deep breathing, two hours later these horrible pains disappeared. the next day my back felt tight. about a month later before a thunderstorm it started all over again. it woke me out of a sound sleep. it started off slow and before i know it, there was daggers going through both sides of mid back. i took 2 anaprox and after 40 minutes the pain subsided. last nite was the third random flare up of this mysterious pain. it started off with feelings of tension in both sides of my back then 3 hours later it woke me up out of a sound sleep. this was the most intense i'd ever felt it. i couldn't even breathe in without a sharp pain going through both sides of my back. i was literally rolling around on the floor from pain. it lasted 3 hours and finally with anaprox it subsided. today my back is still sore. these pains remind me of charlie horses. it's like an extremely painful spasm. what could be going on with my back? it feels like a big cramp moving through my whole back. im in alot of pain...sound like a pulled muscle or something? please help

Last edited by Mod08; 08-17-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Upper back and thoracic back problems belong on the spinal disorders message board. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
    Mamasan2007
    (female)

Mamasan2007 HB User
    Re: excrutiating night time pain..PLEASE HELP

I think for something like this, that seems to stem from the car accident you should be checked out by a doctor.
    It could be any number of things, or nothing.
    But you won't know, until your examined.
    I hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread