It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Broken C7 Bone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
    jennsky
    (female)

jennsky HB User
    Broken C7 Bone

Hello All I am new and Im not really sure If I am even on the right page.I could really use a little insight now.

My Uncle just broke his C7 bone he was diving and hit the bottom.He just went though surgery and the doctors say his chances of recovery from the waist down are not very good right now. He immediately could not feel his legs afterwards which Im told is not a good sign. My family and I are in the wind right now we have no idea what to expect and no idea of what the chances of recovery are. We are all trying to stay positive and hope for the best which im sure anyone who has been in this situation knows is very hard when you dont know how long that will take. Is there anyone who has any experiece with this? Please help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: Broken C7 Bone

Jennsky:

It sounds as if he has spinal cord damage. The fracture of a vertabrae alone would not cause the symptoms you mention - it would be the damage to the spinal cord at the C7 level.

Most of us here have had cervical spine issues (surgery due to pain or numbness/tingling in the fingers) but not to the extent of spinal cord damage leading to spinal cord injury. You will want to do research on sites that talk about spinal cord damage and recovery.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
    jennsky
    (female)

jennsky HB User
    Re: Broken C7 Bone

Thank you Spine AZ. This at least points me in the right direction.

Closed Thread