It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Does the Weather affect you after an ACDF?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
    jhyde1166
    (female)

jhyde1166 HB User
    Does the Weather affect you after an ACDF?

Hello, I am new here but was wondering if the weather effects any of you that have had an ACDF. I had a 2 level ACDF (C5/6, C6/7) on June 19 of this year. Everything went great...I spent 2 days in Hospital went home without a collar or anything, went to doctor 2 weeks later and was released to return to work with a 30 lb. lifting restriction. I do clerical work but in the shipping and receiving department so I do lift a lot. Anyway everything was going good until about a week ago. I started hurting again, just as bad as before the surgery...it has been raining and a little cooler here for about the last week so I was wondering if that could effect me like that. Also I was taking ibuprofin almost everyday and I just learned that could effect my healing. Does anyone have any ideas or anything as to why I have started hurting again after about 3 months of feeling great? I would appreciate any advise or responses...Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
    Mod08
    Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
    Re: Does the Weather affect you after an ACDF?

Your post has been moved into its own thread. Always start a new thread for your own questions/problems. Do not post your questions on someone elses thread since it takes away from their question.

Thank you.
    Mod 08

Old 09-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
    Janatee
    (female)

Janatee HB UserJanatee HB User

Hello jhyde1166... The weather could play apart in your hurting, due to any type of Arthritis! Did the docs tell you, you have any? My concern is that you came home with no collar and was told you could return to work so soon. Of course my neck surgery was much more complecated, and it has taken me over a year to heal, and still not there 100%. When you are hurting, maybe wearing a soft collar might help. I do, when my neck feels tight, or is aching. I have worn my to bed a lot of nights, doc said it won't hurt, and could help. It does for me... I would ask your doctor first. We are all different, and I wouldn't want you to follow my advice, and end up making it worse.... Good luck... hang in there. Janatee

Old 09-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
    chevmal283
    (male)

chevmal283 HB User

Does it ever. Like arthritis, cold weather makes the pain all the more worse. hate it and I live in So Cal. Oi.

Last edited by HBMod07; 09-19-2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Please only quote the portion of the message you are responding to and not the entire thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
    jhyde1166
    (female)

jhyde1166 HB User

Thanks for your responses. Just wanted to let you know that I went to my surgeon yesterday. He said that is sounds like my disc above the ones I had fused is going bad now...so that would be the C4/5 Not good...he put me back on steroid packs to see if they help and then I go back in 3 weeks and he will probably do another MRI. He mentioned he might do an EMG (not sure what that is) to make sure he knows exactly the problem before he decides to do anything else...especiallly surgery again...I don't know if I want to go through it again though. It actually wasn't too bad for me the first time, everything went well... until now that is. Any suggestions or responses are very much appreciated. Thanks! Joyce

Closed Thread