It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Into ER, something is wrong

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
    Into ER, something is wrong

Hey everyone,
    PM sent me into ER, could not hold my head up, the worst pain I have ever had. Anyway laid in the hall in ER under the bright lights, my eyes hurt pretty bad, kind of like a migraine but coming form the neck. Could not move my neck & my upper back was huring pretty bad. They offered to keep me but we were afraid they would keep me in the hall, pretty busy. I was getting almost no relief from the Duldin (sp) & could not keep my eyes open. My husbund was pretty mad that all they did was a CT of the head & said if I wanted an MRI I had to stay.
    Now here is the funny part I woke up this morning with the mid to lower back hurts bad. Yesturday it was the upper back & head. Something is really wrong.
    I was throwing up from the pain. I am pretty worried. PM wants me in today.
    Any opinions from those of you with back problems. Maybe the T area, dont know. I am throbbing & feel tons of pressure. Thats what I felt yesturday pressure but in the upper & neck. Very strange & very scary. Something is really wrong in my back I could feel it the last several days. I hope to stay out of ER today but who knows. I will call the PM when he opens. Any opinions? Please pray for me. Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
    tiggertoo2174
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
    Re: Into ER, something is wrong

Sammy,

I'll be praying for you. This sounds serious, hopefully the PM doc will have some answers. I think a spinal MRI would be a good idea, it sure sounds like something isn't right there.

Tigg.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User

Dear Sammy, Just wanted to let you kow I am praying for you, and hope somebody will soon find out why you are in so much pain. I am sorry to hear of all the continuing trouble you are having, and your so right....there is definitely something wrong. My prayers are with you and bless you!

Judy

Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hey sammy,i really am so sorry for what you are enduring again.geez,i think you have suffered enough with this at this point? have you spoken yet to your PM? if so,what are his plans at this point? i really do think hon,considering just how insane this has become that a stay in the hospital at this point for a FULL spinal work up really is the thing to do ya know? 'something' is very obvioulsly triggering off some even more insane symptoms in you that really just HAVE TO be found out at this point ya know? things have not been right in there for how long now?? this PM just has not been really aggressive in trying to find the reasons for this insanity and its time you just had some answers here. getting that full spinal MRI i really do think is just really needed at this point to just see what is or is not actually there.

from what you described here,it really does sound like there could have been a possible CSF type issue going on that day you went to the ER,you know,too much pressure in there type thing?? you just REALLY need and deserve some answers for all this. he still needs to simply do that stellate on you too just to see if your SNS is also playing a part in all this crazyness. believe me hon,once that SNS gets all fired up and triggering crap,things do get a bit nuts inside the old body. i have had the most insane levels of crap happen 'just' becasue of that one part of my SCI was SNS damage alone.

its just high time this PM do his job and figure you out ya know? if anything at all goes crazy again on you,go to that ER and demand to stay until you get some reasons/answers for this insanity sammy. it has just gone on long enough,with YOU paying very high consequences and suffering for it. just being in hospital,they have all the stuff needed to really test and look at things vs the little bits of time you are allowed with that PM,ya know what i mean? this just could be the very best way for you to actually find the answers. again sweetie,i really am so sorry you are having to go thru this hell. hang in there sammy,hopefully something will actually finally show itself and you will find reasons for all this soon. sorry i didn't get down here much sooner. please let us know how things are goin. Marcia

Old 09-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Marcia, I am so glad you seen this post. I was into ER the doc messed everything up, I told him I would stay if my PM doc wanted me to, he would not give me a straight answer & I was kept in a bright hall which was killing my eyes. Come to find out my PM did indeed want me to stay but the ER doc never relayed that.
    Now I had an MRI of the C&T last night, but I wish he would have done the entire back. I have pain from the head to the lower back, all the way down. Most it settled right between the shoulder (scapulas) hurts like mad. Something is very wrong. Triggering violent headaches & feels like my upper back is in a vice. Thus far they are looking for an herniated disc, Which I have almost every single symtom of. Then he is sending me to a back surgeon, thinking if nothing shows in MRI the surgeon will run other test. He does believe muscles are invovled here.
    He put me on Avinza along along with perc. & valium, I am trying to find if anyone takes the two together.
    I have also been wanting to sleep all the time which is so odd. Even my husband commented on it. I have yet to take the Avinza except for the 4:00 in the morning business when I woke up throwing up with the head & neck.
    I just want to know what to expect when I take it, ya know?

Something is really wrong, they may test for MS, they wanted to do a spinal tap in the hospital but I declined out of being miserable laying in the hall, I just felt at that point I wanted to go home. They were so crowded they did not even have beds for those who were to be admitted, so I thought were does that leave me? Took me hours just get a pillow & longer to get a ice pack for my neck. I just laid there & cried & slept. I am really getting worried & frustrated. Nothing & I mean nothing takes away the headaches which encompass the entire head, cant even open my eyes at first then hurts to move them. for awhile could not move my neck an inch, sounds like its cervical, what do you think?
    I am staying with my sister a few days, PM wanted me with someone to moniter when I take the avinza along with existing meds. He said I am letting the pain flare up to much, well I take the meds as prescribed. I am praying something comes up, I am loosing all optimism.
    Chab, you are a dear, god bless you all.
    I so value all your opinions, so please let me know what you think.
    God bless & take care, Sammy

Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i too am really curious as to what will show up on your films of those areas. honestly sammy? tho something may be wrong inthat lumbar,just the way the nerves actually run,i really don;t think that something that far down could actually affect something that far up,ya know what i mean? the only thing i would think even possible that would correlate those areas would be if something in that lumbar were compressing the spinal cord itself and creating a CSF flow issue,ya know? if the CSF is not flowing properly,it would create an issue within that dura and could affect everything along the way in that manner? but that would seriously have to be one huge issue to even do that to you. i just really think your problems lie more within the bottom of the T on up thru the brain area or outter skull area. that would be more "likely' ya know? something vascular being compromised possibly 'could' be what is creating the head pain crap too. there are just certain issues that can create any given set of symptoms and every single possibility at this point needs to be thoroughly looked at and evaluated in order to find that underlying cause you know what i mean? vessel problems can create head pain just like nerve issues can. the whole migrane syndrome thing for instance is a triggered affect upon the vessels within the brain. that is just one example of vessels creating head pain symptoms,but you get what i am saying? running an angiogram at some point would at least give a look at your vascular structures,so there are ways to see this part of things really clearly,other than just a contrasted MRI. and if you actually do have some level of SNS damage here,believe me,with what insane pain has been created like just having a simple drill and fill on that one tooth for me becasue of it,anything is indeed possible with it as far as what is could create with pain and symptoms. your SNS just governs sooo freaking much in our bodies,down to the dilation and constriction of the blood vessels too.

honestly,if this gets really bad again sammy,go back to that ER and stay there,in hosp til someone finally just does the right test that will show "something" anything at this point ya kow? hopefully something connected will just show up on your MRIs,thats kind of what i am hoping for you hon,just to have some actual reason for this ongoing insanity.

but like i mentioned above hon,i really don;t see how that lumbar(other than possible muscle crap or some really odd off the wall type of issue being there)could be really a big part in what craziness is there way above it. it just does not seem "likely'"ya know? but the one huge thing i have found going thru all my crap is that when it comes to the human body and any type of issues that can afect things,anything IS indeed possible. it can get pretty ugly in here too. its just going to be one of those test and rule out types of little games. i do hope you hear something here soon on that MRI,at least you will know ya know? as soon as you get that report(make sure to get your own copy hon and post the summary here,K?)PLEASE let us know whats up. i wish i could say something to make you feel better or give you solid answers to your many questions sammy. i really do. but i am here for ya sweetie for whatever i can do here for you and i hope you know that much. lets just hope something reveals itself and you do have something solid to go on,K? take care sammy and please keep me posted. sending a huge but gentle hug your way. marcia

Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Oh Sammy, I am so sorry I have not been on. I am praying for you - actually I have for some time.

I just want to share with you that sometimes back pain can be confusing because you think the source of pain is one thing and it really is not it is coming from some place different. For example: for years, I have complained, my hip, my hip, my hip and they say no it is your back not your hip. Well then why do I have all this pain in my hip??

I have back pain going into my upper back now, the source of the pain is the lumbar so I guess you could say it radiates which may be your problem. That everyone has been concentrating on the wrong area.

Please keep us posted and I will try to be a better friend and check in more often.

(((Hugs))

Last edited by ms_west; 09-26-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

God bless you both, without the support here I would go abit crazy. I had the MRI wed. night & have not heardyet not sure how long it takes for the PM to get the results. I will say that my entire back hurts, some hip pain along with the entire upper back, so go figure. I am confused as heck. I just wish the entire back was done then I could say lets look at something like the SNS or what ever. I do know I have alot of pressure in that back of mine. Both shoulders hurt but so does the hip area, strange. Something is causing all this pain in the back & neck, the pain can go all the way up around the ear & linger.
    There is talks of lay offs to boot at my husbands work so that now I feel like I have to really figure out what is wrong here. Have not been able to work at all so that has me really worried. My husband just broke down & told me last night. When it rains it pours.
    I just am fed up with all the guessing & need to know whats going on in there.
    When the headaches start I can feel a bulge in my neck, like one of the disc or something is protruding, one side of the neck can be much harder then the other. Perhaps like a constant muscle spasm. I am just so confused & worried that until one of these doctors figure it out the pain will just increase.

I could not turn my head at all the morning I went into ER, I never had such pain, even with a migraine, it was constant pressure & was restricting all movement of the head & neck. Even my eyes hurt to move them. I am really scared of getting that again. I was just vomiting with the pain. I cant go through that & be left wondering, you know. I will have to let them go ahead with a spinal & check for MS & that soon if nothing is found. I have two family members with MS so it scares me. I am going to start peeking on the back board to just to take a look. Bless you & you dont know how much I appreciate your support. Sammy

Closed Thread