It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Hemangioma of the spinal cord

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
    janerick1952
    (female)

janerick1952 HB User
    Hemangioma of the spinal cord

I just found out that I have two hemangomas on my spine. I know that one is in the cervical and the other is in the sacral area of my spine. Can the hemangomas cause numbness in my legs? I have extreme migraine headaches, dizziness, neck pain, and I just would like to know if the tumors can cause these kinds of symptoms. I have had CT scans and MRIS of my spine but the one that I just had a couple months ago showed the hemangiomas. There is puffiness and fluidness in the cervical area of my spine. Also, what kind of speialist do I need to consult about this type of tumor and can they spread to other parts of the body?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Hemangioma of the spinal cord

find a good neurosurgeon who actually has the most experience in treating patiets with hemangiomas in their spine. i saw three seperate NSs before i hit the right one with number three. he was at the U of MN here in MN. he had done many many removals of and monitoring of pateints with angiomas inside their cords. just where exactly are yours located,ON the spine or actually IN the spinal cord itself? depending upon just where they are located would dictate symptoms. they can cause a host of problems depending upon just what is being affected and if they are active bleeders(is there ANY mention at all of the word hemosiderin in your report?). any other questions you have,i would be more than happy to try and answer for you. but you NEED that experienced neurosurgeron right now. you can ask when you call any surgeons office just how many per year the docs sees as far as patients with angiomas in their cords(or how many they have removed?). going to an actual teaching type hospital is where i got the best care.they just see many more patients with this type of problem. if you live near one,i would definitely go that route first to find a good experienced NS who understands just what they are dealing with. not every NS is created equal,trust me. marcia

Closed Thread