It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• what is a pinched nerve in the cspine and the symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
    Franny72
    (female)

Franny72 HB User
    what is a pinched nerve in the cspine and the symptoms

what is a pinched nerve in the cspine and the symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
    lilydilly
    (female)

lilydilly HB User
    Re: what is a pinched nerve in the cspine and the symptoms

I imagine the "cspine" is referring to the cervical spine, which is the neck area, as opposed to the T (thoracic/chest area) or L (Lumbar/lowerback) areas.
    A pinched nerve in that area could be caused by anything from tight muscles to damaged disc, arthritis, bone spur, or any number of other conditions. Even poor posture can cause muscle spasm which in turn can pinch the nerves.
    The symptoms can range from numbness and tingling or pain in the face, head arms, neck and upper back and shoulders.
    Lots of symptoms can occur in a variety of places from referred pain from a pinched nerve, so you really need tests to show what is happening in that area.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
    Franny72
    (female)

Franny72 HB User

Thank YOu Lillydilly, I have been experiencing a numbness in my thunb and first two fingers and sometimes smy pinky and ring finger. The pain comes from my neck and down my shoulder and arm and is very very painful. Sometimes I feel like I canh't hold my head up properly it is painful and almost seems like I have no control over the movement. My primary physician found a herniated disc in my L5 that is pinching a nerve she has made an appointment for me with a neurosurgeon so he can do the necessary tests for my neck. I am not one for doctors but I am anxiously awaiting this appointment. This was the reason for my question. I am afraid that the problem is worse than I anticipated.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
    lilydilly
    (female)

lilydilly HB User

Hope you get on all right with the appt. I only had mild arm and hand symptoms from my neck problem. ..I mainly had neck pain from H***, but when I did get it, it was between the thumb and index fingers and my pinkie finger. Sounds like you have neck issues of some sort, but it may be something treatable. Mine was from old whiplash injuries, and it was certainly made worse for me by posture while sitting at the computer and lying to read in bed with my head propped up.
    All the best.
    Lily

Closed Thread