It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• denervation on my neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
    Ennie1975
    (female)

Ennie1975 HB User
    denervation on my neck

i have had denervation on my neck a week ago. i wasnt told about the burning or to expect it, i am in agony, half my head is so sore i am unable to touch it...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
    sunshine1973
    (female)

sunshine1973 HB User
    Re: denervation on my neck

Hi, can you tell me how the procedure went. I am having alot of neck and upper back pain all the time. Thank you, sunshine1973

Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I had that procedure a couple of yrs. ago my neck and just had both sides of my back done. I do have to say that for me, its easier having the back done than the neck. My neck burned for several weeks, but it felt like a sunburn and it wasnt too horrible. I was asleep when they did my neck, but awake for the 2 times I had my back done.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
    Ennie1975
    (female)

Ennie1975 HB User

hi i had a disc removed in my neck first of all. I had a disc bulge which was compressing my spinal nerves. This had to be removed and an artificial block put in, i had original pain in my neck before that and pins and needles at top op my back/neck. The painafter the doctor said was nerve damage so 9 days ago i had radio frequency on the nerves in my neck. I was sedated but awake for the whole procedure. It was bearable as local anesthetic is injected first. Its a bit like a tens machine pulse but inside. The last one felt like a burning which lasted for 2 mins. I have spoken to my consultant and he said you do get burning sensation but it usually wears off quicker in most patients. I am just one of the unlucky ones where I get delayed pain. He will prescribe stronger pain killers for a short time if need be. I dont regret having it done though. When I have had pain for so long, its worth trying. Facet joint injections hurt more than the radio frequency. I was awake for that too.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #5
    ANGELINMICHIGAN
    (female)

ANGELINMICHIGAN HB UserANGELINMICHIGAN HB User

Hi everyone on these boards that had the burning of the nerves (denervation). I want to know if it is the same as I had done. Do they actually going into your neck with a needle and burn the nerves. I don't know what the denervation means. I am sure it is the same procedure. I haven't had any burning on my skin, just sore where the needles went in.

Thanks
    Lyn

Old 02-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

Yes, that is the same thing.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #7
    Ennie1975
    (female)

Ennie1975 HB User

Hi yes it does sound like you had denervation which is basically the radiofrequency i had, although the burning has gone now i still have the pins and needles in my neck which i am still seeing the pain doc for. more injections... x

Closed Thread