It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Scab on Spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
    star0505
    (female)

star0505 HB User
    Scab on Spine

This may sound weird, but I don't know what is wrong with me. Just a couple days ago, I noticed that there was a small spot on my spine that was sore to the touch. The following day, I noticed it getting red. The next day, it was black in that spot. And now I woke up today, and it is a red scab. It is on like the mid of my spine. Does anyone know what this could be?

Last edited by star0505; 10-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Scab on Spine

not really sure just what that could be but it should be at least looked at by your primary doc and evaluated. it could just be a skin thing or indication of something possibly a bit deeper(i am thinking more skin thing at this point tho). just what level of your spine is this on? it isn't like a big blackhead or something is it? are you having ANY neurological type symptoms at all like numbness or tingling or anything that radiates down from the area of that spot? if not,its more than likely a skin issue. i would just watch it for the next couple of days and see if it doesn;t just go away by itself. this is of course if you are not exhibiting any other neuro types of symptoms. marcia

Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
    jhyde1166
    (female)

jhyde1166 HB User
    Re: Scab on Spine

It sounds like it could be a spider bite or something to me. My brother-in-law was bit on his back (in the middle of his spine) by a fiddleback spider and it continually got worse everyday, by the time he went to the doctor he basically had a whole in his back...it like rotted out...please go get it checked to make sure it isn't something like that. He didn't know he had been bitten either....

Closed Thread