It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• cervical spine issues causing elbow pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
    Toonces1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
    cervical spine issues causing elbow pain?

Greetings. I am post ACDF about 10 months for severe disk degeneration. The only disk that had any herniation on my previous MRI was the one that was removed (C5-6). In the past two months, I have had what feels like nerve pain in my elbow. It is pretty intense at times. This was not present before surgery. The pain is on the back of my upper arm and the outside of my elbow. Does anyone know if cervical issues can cause this specific type of arm pain? This is something new, and I am wondering if I should attempt to get a second MRI paid for. I know that arm pain is common with cervical issues, but I'm wondering if this is the common pattern of pain, or if this might be something that has to do more with my elbow specifically. Any experiences would help....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
    Jay Bee
    (male)

Jay Bee HB User
    Re: cervical spine issues causing elbow pain?

First, it may be no big deal and not nerve pain.. I'm just a guy who's done a bit of research after having my own problems recently (I also had ACDF c5-6 ... just about 5 and weeks ago).

If you have any tingling in your middle finger, that would make me think a possible c6-7 issue... the related nerve at c7 is associated with the elbow and triceps, which sound like the areas of pain for you. Coupled with the fact you had the disc at c5-6 removed, I might look into the c6-7 a bit. Hopefully you don't have any significant issues! Best of luck!

Closed Thread