It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Is this really due to my neck?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Is this really due to my neck?

Hi guys. Many of you know for 5 months I have had stabbing pains throughout my body. Usually it will hit a finger anywhere from a few seconds to hours then go away or move to another body part. I also have buzzing on and off in my left foot (sometimes right) and muscle twitches ALL over. At times I get nerve pains in the bottom of left foot. The pains are not constant in one area.

I had an MRI of brain and full spine to see what was going on, MS, etc.. What they found was stenosis--that is pressing on the surface of my ventral cord with distortion of the cord-noted as mild to moderate. My dr thinks this is the key to everything, two Neuros do not. I do see a NS for his opinion in a few wks.

I have no neck or should pain.

Can pains like this fleet around my body from my neck issue? I have a hard time believing it could be and am scared. All my blood work has been fine, and I have been tested for EVERYTHING. I also had an EMG for my muscle twitches-totally normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
    lilydilly
    (female)

lilydilly HB User
    Re: Is this really due to my neck?

Absolutely it could be from your neck, especially as you have a problem going on there. Though I had severe neck pain as well as the symptoms you describe. As well as intermittent varying pains and sensations in my feet and toes, I'd get them in my fingers, hands and wrists. I also had horrid unpredictable pain and feelings in my head and face.. that was scary. They've nearly all gone now since surgery.
    I've had neck problems off and on for years, and I found some of the doctors also would say that the sensations could not be neck related. I went to one doctor once when my whole side of my face was numb, with tingling chin, jaw and tongue, and I said to him that I'd been sitting at a computer for a week and could hardly turn my neck. He still said, no, anything to do with the face is above the neck so it has to be from your brain. He scared me silly, and I had all sorts of tests done for no purpose. It did end up being all related to my neck.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Re: Is this really due to my neck?

So the nuero said he thinks none of this is due to my compression as its not severe enough. Of course he got me panicked about ALS due to my twitches all over...even though my EMG was fine. At the end he just said it will need to be a wait and see approach as he does not know whats wrong with me.

Onward to the next dr.

Closed Thread