It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• MRI Readings In can Someone Help Read Very Scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
    grama13
    (female)

grama13 HB User
    Question MRI Readings In can Someone Help Read Very Scared

If someone has had a simular case or understands this please explain it to me.Examination: MRI scan of the lumbar spine.History 45year old female with low back pain bilateral leg pain and numbness.Technechal parameters:T1 and T2 weighted sagittal and axial images were obtained through lumbar spine.Findings:Comparison is made with plain raiographs dated 2-19-08.There is degenerative change along the interior endplate of L2. There are small foci of increased T1 and T2 weighted signal intensity in the T12 and L1 vertabral bodies.These could be represent areas of focal fatty deposition or vertabral body hemangiomata.There is normal marrow signal in the remaining lumbar vertebral bodies.The conus is in normal position.At T11-T12,T12-L1,L1-L2,L2-L3,there is no disc herniation,canal or formainal stenosis.At L3-L4,there is a minimally bulging disc and facet hypertrophy.This causes mild canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis.At L4-L5,there is minimally bulging disc and facet hypertrophy.This causes mild to moderate canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis.At L5--S1 there is a bulging disc and facet hypertrophy. This causes mild canal and mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis. There appears to be sclerosis along the left sacroiliac joint. If clinically indicated,radionuclide bone scan may be helpful for better evaluation.Impression:1 Degernerative changes in the lower lumbar spine most marked at L4-L5 at which level there is mild to moderate canal and bilateral forminal stenosis.2.There is mild canal and mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis a L5-S1.3.There is mild canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis at L3-L4.Possible sclerosis along the left sacroiliac joint, recommend bone scan for better evaluation if clinically indicated 5.Otherwise negative MRI scan of lumbar spine. GP has already referred me to Neurosurgeon but didnt really explain much. Some one please try to help.Grama

Last edited by grama13; 11-06-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
    soldierswife44
    (female)

soldierswife44 HB User
    Re: MRI Readings In can Someone Help Read Very Scared

gees dont ya just hate all those big words on an mri print out i wish i could help you iv had 2 mris done and waited like a week for an answer and was freaking out so if i were you from what iv read you have alot of mild things goin on but the last part sclerosis im not sure bout that have that bone test done and let me know what you find out ok soldierswife44

Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hey gramma. one thing that may be why you did not get a big response here is this particular board deals with the c spine or spinal problems. there is a wonderful back boards here where they do deal with the lower to mid areas of the spine up there. i think they could really offer you much better advice up there hon. good luck,Marcia

Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
    matt3507
    (male)

matt3507 HB User

Hi Grama: I just saw your long post. Please go to back board here. It doesn't matter if you get mad, that is part of this awefull process you are going through. We understand. Please post in Back Prob. forum and give it a week. We aren't doctors. We are all patients and we care about you. I guarantee you will find someone who has similar experiences/mri reports on Back Prob. board.

Blessings to you, Matt3507

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grama13 View Post
    If someone has had a simular case or understands this please explain it to me.Examination: MRI scan of the lumbar spine.History 45year old female with low back pain bilateral leg pain and numbness.Technechal parameters:T1 and T2 weighted sagittal and axial images were obtained through lumbar spine.Findings:Comparison is made with plain raiographs dated 2-19-08.There is degenerative change along the interior endplate of L2. There are small foci of increased T1 and T2 weighted signal intensity in the T12 and L1 vertabral bodies.These could be represent areas of focal fatty deposition or vertabral body hemangiomata.There is normal marrow signal in the remaining lumbar vertebral bodies.The conus is in normal position.At T11-T12,T12-L1,L1-L2,L2-L3,there is no disc herniation,canal or formainal stenosis.At L3-L4,there is a minimally bulging disc and facet hypertrophy.This causes mild canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis.At L4-L5,there is minimally bulging disc and facet hypertrophy.This causes mild to moderate canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis.At L5--S1 there is a bulging disc and facet hypertrophy. This causes mild canal and mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis. There appears to be sclerosis along the left sacroiliac joint. If clinically indicated,radionuclide bone scan may be helpful for better evaluation.Impression:1 Degernerative changes in the lower lumbar spine most marked at L4-L5 at which level there is mild to moderate canal and bilateral forminal stenosis.2.There is mild canal and mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis a L5-S1.3.There is mild canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis at L3-L4.Possible sclerosis along the left sacroiliac joint, recommend bone scan for better evaluation if clinically indicated 5.Otherwise negative MRI scan of lumbar spine. GP has already referred me to Neurosurgeon but didnt really explain much. Some one please try to help.Grama

Old 11-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
    grama13
    (female)

grama13 HB User

Sorry everyone I just got frustrated not understanding the mri .I will try the back problems forum thanks.grama

Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
    soldierswife44
    (female)

soldierswife44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grama13 View Post
    hi again when i had my procedure done yesterday i asked the nurse about sclerosis and she said its a kind of artheritis ( MISPL ) hope that helps alittle. soldierswife

Closed Thread