It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• how long can splenius cervicis pain last

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
    joeyz
    (male)

joeyz HB User
    how long can splenius cervicis pain last

how long can splenius cervicis pain last and what are the symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: how long can splenius cervicis pain last

have you actually had an MRI done on your c spine area? i am assuming the "splenious" is actually a muscle up there somewhere(if i remember right?) which would mean you have cervical muscle pain of some kind? there has to be a reason for this to just be inflammed to some degree or the pain would not be there. ruling out possible inflammatory things would be your best bet in getting this pain treated or to go away all together. but you do need to know whats going on under that muscle and an MRI would do just that. this could be from something as simple as posture or stress or repetitive motion or a real problem within your c spine that is inflamming the nerves connected to that mucle. muscles just don't like to be irritated. knowing whether or not you have had any types of scans done would help. marcia

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
    Hearpy
    (male)

Hearpy HB User

As the other poster said, you should have appropriate tests done to determine the extent of the damage. Anything more than a few days could be something serious.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
    joeyz
    (male)

joeyz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
    have you actually had an MRI done on your c spine area? i am assuming the "splenious" is actually a muscle up there somewhere(if i remember right?) which would mean you have cervical muscle pain of some kind? there has to be a reason for this to just be inflammed to some degree or the pain would not be there. ruling out possible inflammatory things would be your best bet in getting this pain treated or to go away all together. but you do need to know whats going on under that muscle and an MRI would do just that. this could be from something as simple as posture or stress or repetitive motion or a real problem within your c spine that is inflamming the nerves connected to that mucle. muscles just don't like to be irritated. knowing whether or not you have had any types of scans done would help. marcia

Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
    joeyz
    (male)

joeyz HB User

Marcia,
    I have only had an x-ray.The Dr is convinced this is the problem. I have had bouts of pain,headaches for 2 months.Also in this time I have had sciatica.Treated with steroids and narcotis. This kinda still bothers me with some tingling in lower legs. Im frustrated because prior to this I was otherwise healthy.BTW thanks for the response.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
    Fiona_Jo
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User

Hi! Sorry about your pain. Unfortunately, your Doctor didn't give you very much information to go on. Unfortunately, X-Rays' will not reveal what is going on with the soft tissue of your discs and will only show what's going on with the bony structure - like if a disc has collapsed, or a bone is broken. Since this pain has been going on for two months, I would recommend having an MRI, this will reveal a lot more information about your neck, like if you have any discs that are herniated and really more specific information about the over-all health of your neck.

I would just be very assertive and let your Doctor know that the pain has been going on for two months and you think it's time for an MRI.

I hope you get answers and relief soon.

~ Fiona Jo ~

Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

a big ditto on what fiona just mentioned to you. i was going to tell you the very same thing. an ray will only show the outter boney structures and not what you really need to see here,the inside where the nerves and spinal cord are. i would most definitely ask your doc for that MRI,preferably with a contrasting agent,it just helps certain things show up much more clearly than without it. but you DO need an MRI at this point. there is simply "something' causing this problem that is more than likely 'within' the spinal column. please keep us posted,good luck, Marcia

Closed Thread