It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ACDF Post op lifting too soon

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
    lisa1024
    (female)

lisa1024 HB User
    ACDF Post op lifting too soon

Hi all, (Sorry all for the repeat, I posted again because I didn't think my 1st one posted)

I am new and just had ACDF 3 weeks ago. I was feeling pretty well until I did a stupid thing. My hubby (who has been watching me like a hawk) left the house for a while. I got up to look for the present I bought him for Christmas, so I could wrap it before he came home. Well, of course I hid it in a box high in my closet. I reached up to get the box (which was heavier than I remembered- at least 25lbs.) I dropped it and everything fell out. So of course I had to bend to pick everything up and then lift the box back up on the shelf. I knew it was stupid, but I just couldn't bear an argument with him. Now I am terrified that I could have done damage. I am in a lot of pain now. Any advice. I can't believe I risked my recovery. I guess I am just to the point now where I feel I can do things... Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by lisa1024; 12-09-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I reposted because I didn't think my first one posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 04:21 AM   #2
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
    Re: ACDF Post op lifting too soon

Lisa, well we are not perfect & honestly if I were you I were be calling the surgeon & explaining what happened. I am having an ACDF done after christmas, & this has really caught my attention. I hope someone else responds here who has had this procedure.
    Good luck & take care, Sammy

Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
    lisa1024
    (female)

lisa1024 HB User

Thanks so much for your reply.

I wish I could have waited until after the holidays (I have three children and it has been a bummer for them). However, my surgeon said I had to do it asap.

I am due for x rays and a post op visit early next week. I am crossing my fingers!

Best of luck to you with your surgery! I don't regret having it at all. My only only regret is my foolish misjudgement.

Thanks again!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
    timpa
    (male)

timpa HB User

This will be one great Xmas story for your grandkids for sure, hopefully you will be fine it's most likely stronger then you think and will be fine.

Closed Thread