It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• what does all of this mean?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
    tgbkfaunc
    (female)

tgbkfaunc HB User
    what does all of this mean?

Paramedian sagittal T1 as well as T2 weighted images are obtained. Direct axial
    sections are obtained using T1 as well as T2 weighted imaging from the inferior
    aspect of C2 through C7.

There is straightening of normal cervical lordosis. There are prominent
    posterior osteophytes identified at C5-6 and C6-7.

Sections through the disc spaces: Diffuse disc dehydration is identified. At
    C2-3, there is minor posterior osteophyte formation laterally. At C3-4, there
    is minor central posterior osteophyte formation. At the C4-5 level, there is
    minimal central posterior osteophyte formation. At C5-6, there is posterior
    osteophyte formation which appears to be due to a disc herniation which extends
    to the left of mid line and into region of the intervertebral foramen.
    Superimposed posterior osteophyte formation is also present. At the C5-6 level,
    there is a diffuse bulging disc with posterior osteophyte formation which
    extends to left of mid line.

IMPRESSION:
    There appears to be a herniated disc identified to left of mid line at C5-6
    with some superimposed degenerative change.
    Moderate posterior osteophytes are also present to the left of mid line at C6-7
    level.

One day I woke up with a very stiff neck in June 08. thought like always it would go away. I have done this several times before.
    I went 2 weeks then i called my neurologist. The next week went in he thought that it was the fibro. well did blood work. gave me lyrica then said see you on 2 weeks. well it got worse. well after some injections that i am allergic to. rash all down the front of me I had MRI. He sent me to an nerve Dr. for a emg. and then said nothing else needs to be done.. i know that it says i have a disc herniated he told me that....... if your MRI was similar to mine i would like to know about it and what was done to help your pain and numbness. i can Handel the numbness its the pain in my arm that drives me nuts,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: what does all of this mean?

Hi - I had a lot of the components that you have wrong in your MRI. I had some others too, but the main reason I had fusion surgeries (c4-7) were because nerves were being impingned for me in the foramins and the root of the spinal cord where they were attached and it needed fixing. this is most likely causing you arm pain also. The herniation is probably only part of the equation. Did you get the EMG results - did it show anything?

Sometimes herniations resolve themselves after time. Before I did surgeries I did lots of things towards pain relief. NSAIDS, oral steroids, epidural injections, special PT, eventually I went ahead and had them clean it all up, when we couldn't get my pain level down below 9's and they said I should wait any longer once the EMG confirmed bad stuff happening. How bad is your pain? The longer you wait to get this addressed if you have any pressing on nerves the more likely you will have some level of permanent nerve pain.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
    tgbkfaunc
    (female)

tgbkfaunc HB User
    Re: what does all of this mean?

I dont know what they were. I seen a surgan today he is doing surgey. said that the nerves are being pressed. I hope the pain does go away he said that the numbness may take awhile.that is ok as long as the pain leaves.

Closed Thread