It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• how much does an EMG test cost

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
    donald65
    (male)

donald65 HB User
    how much does an EMG test cost

how much does an EMG test cost

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
    BobM
    (male)

BobM HB User
    Re: how much does an EMG test cost

Not all EMG tests are exactly the same - some take more time, etc., depending on the symptoms that are under investigation, whether its one arm or two, etc. Also, there are sometimes other tests done at the same time, like nerve conductivity studies, to get a more comprehensive look.

So the answer is 'it depends'. In 2004 I had an EMG done on my left shoulder and arm, along with nerve conductivity studies, and was billed about $3,000 for that visit. I had insurance which covered most of it - I had to do the copay & deductible, and the insurance company 'wrote off' some of the expense according to the rate agreements they had with the medical facility - but that amount is what the doctor billed.

Closed Thread