It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• help / advise reverse curvature lordosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
    boardinkris
    (female)

boardinkris HB User
    Question help / advise reverse curvature lordosis

Hi all-

I am looking for advise or anyone who has anything simlar (which i hope not) to get advise..

I have been suffering from back pain for 9 years now and doctors so far have not willing to do much to help me, which i guess is only myself to blame..

I was in a snowboarding accident 9 years ago. I fell from about 5 feet at high speed on hard ice.. i landed on my tail bone and back hard enough to were i could not move and saw stars. I am a tough girl and i think that is 100% of my problem.. I ended up getting up and draggin myself down the mountain and did not seek immedate medical attention. I was so hurt I had severe pain moving my legs or getting up and down all i wanted to do was lay flat. I finally went to the doctor 2 days later and they had a 2 hour wait -- i could not even sit up straight so i descided to just go to a chiropractor localy that would see me right away so i did not have to sit. The chrio said i had a sprung lumbar. Eventually the pain of not being able to move lessened but I did have constant pain in my thoratic area.

the next few times i went to the doctor throughout the years i brought up this nagging pain in my thoratic area and i guess they did not take me seriously as they thought lots of aleve and ice and heat would be fine.

for the last 3 years my pain has worsened. i have tingling in my legs and arms. I wake up in the middle of the night and have severe numbness in my arms to the point i think i will never be able to move my arm or leg again. eventually i get the movement back but it is rather scary and painful to wake up to.

a year and a half ago i went to the doctor they did xray and stated i had a thoratic strain, put me on 800 mg of ibprofen 4 times a day as well as 500mg of vicoden every 4 hours as needed for pain. Suggested heat and physical therapy (which FYI I have not done the physical therapy as of to date but I am a very active person and do pleantly of streching etc)

Again i am not getting better. The pain has now worsend I have a desk job and now several times a day for long periods i am suffering from a burning, dull aching pain in my upper left sholder. it is painful enough to make me want to cry at times, although i think it is also out of frustration.

Last november I started suffering from sharp pain in my left hand when gripping, in addition to weakness and pain in my left arm. I then again went back to the doctor. Did more xray and was prescribed Medrol pak. I took this as presribed - my hand felt better and a lil less back pain but it still existed daily just not as horrible. I recieved a message from the doctor stating the xray showed I had a reverse cervial spine in lordosis. He never followed up and that was it.

Well now 2 months later my back is still killing me and my hand is having the same pains again.

I have another Dr appointment with the doctor next week. I am really concerned I may have something causing this, What do I have to do to get a MRI, It seems impossiable to get a doctor to do the proper tests to help me.

I know if they suggested surgey I dont think I would do it, But it would be nice know what may be going on and how serious this is or if something further is causing th pain and lordosis. IT hurts and I am frusterated, I feel like I cant do the things I once did and I am getting weaker all the time.

Anyhow not looking for any sympothy but maybe advise from anyone has been in my shoes or if anyone has had anything similar. How can i get the doc to order a MRI??? IDK

it is appericated maybe if only to even let my rant out.

Thanks
    forever uncomfortable!

Last edited by Mod08; 01-31-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Your post has been moved to the correct board.

The following user gives a hug of support to boardinkris:
    sickofbackpain (07-29-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
    sickofbackpain
    (female)

sickofbackpain HB User
    Re: help / advise reverse curvature lordosis

I am so sorry for your pain. I know, I am so frustrated as well. It was awhile ago since you posted and I just joined today. My situation is under sickofbackpain (username). I wanted to check in with you and see if you found out anymore about your situation. Did your dr. ever get back with you to address the reversal in your curve? I have the same thing and not sure if this traction device is really necessary to put the curve back the right way. It was recommended by this chiroprator but it hurts like crazy afterwards and not sure if it's really doing anything. I don't have tingling or shooting pain and the neurosurgeron says there is no need for surgery which I'm so glad of, but this debilitating pain is making me crazy. Don't know who to believe anymore so I thought I'd reach out on this site. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
    nochange
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
    Re: help / advise reverse curvature lordosis

Hello to all of you. I suggest not to let chiropractor touch your neck. Only physical therapist if that is neccessary.

I suffer from chronic neck pain so I can understand you. I am always with ice packs.

Neck hurts 24/7 and severe tightness.

I have tried lot's of things but nothing helped so far, only oxycontin helps.

There is a new machine in the market name mcu = multi cervical unit, perhaps that could help you. I have never tried it.

Last edited by nochange; 07-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Closed Thread