It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• burning pains in the left shoulder blade

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
    james_LA
    (male)

james_LA HB User
    burning pains in the left shoulder blade

Hi I'm 24 years old
    i have a burning sensation in my back on the right side of my left shoulder blade. It only burns, it does not hurt to the touch and i do not know what it is should i be worried or see a doctor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
    rootsy13
    Inactive
    (female)

rootsy13 HB User
    Re: burning pains in the left shoulder blade

if you're worried, always see your doctor..

Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Depends...how long you have had it and how annoying it is and if over the counter pain pills don't help. Sometime gallbladder issues have referred pain to the back shoulder blade. good luck.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

As Ann said it could be some type of referred pain or could be related to your cervical spine. Only a doctor can figure out which diagnostic direction to go.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #5
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Smile Re: burning pains in the left shoulder blade

Curious-Do you spend lots of time texting, playing WII, Xbox, guitar hero, computer or sports? These things could influence those muscles.It could be your pillow or how you sleep. Have you fallen lately? Are you in college hauling a heavy backpack?

If it continues more than a few weeks you probably should have it checked out. Heart shows up there too but you are young so that is unlikely (unless you have other health issues).

Last edited by PNo; 02-14-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
    james_LA
    (male)

james_LA HB User

the pain that i have only happens at night when i am sitting in bed and i am in college but i do not carry a heavy bag it has only one book in it. i dont spend a lot of time on the computer nor do i do any heavy lifting and its been going on for about a month maybe a month and a half. i also have chest pain it usually feels like a squeezing pain close to the center of my chest

Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

Don't ignore chest pain-if you don't have a doctor go to Campus Health and get checked out.

Closed Thread