It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• milogram

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
    leigh65
    (female)

leigh65 HB User
    milogram

what is a milogram

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: milogram

A myelogram uses special dye and an x-ray method called fluoroscopy to get good pictures of the bones and spaces around the bones of the spine. If you are scheduled for a myelogram you'll want to ask for very specific directions. There are special prepatory procedures and post-test procedures (being relatively still but not to lie flat for 24-48 hours as the dye can cause severe headaches).

Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
    beccarockinbama
    (female)

beccarockinbama HB User
    Lightbulb Re: milogram

Thanks to Leigh65. I read your response to the same question posted 2009. Glad it was still here. I feel a little less worried about the test now.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
    ifeelyurpain
    (female)

ifeelyurpain HB User
    Re: milogram

Don't worry about the myelogram. I had one in December. I was scared to death as I had read so many horror stories on the web. I took two valium before the procedure and was still nervous as all get out. I had mine done at a top notch spinal center in Atlanta and everything went smoothly for the most part. The two doctors performing the procedure came in and talked with me first. One was a neurologist and the other was a radiologist. They were absolutely wonderful. I felt no pain when they inserted the needle except for some burning pains shooting through my left thigh. It wasn't that bad, though.
    I, unfortunately, did develop the dreaded spinal headache three days later in spite of following all instructions by the doctor. They immediately sent me back to the hospital where I had a blood patch done and everything was fine after that.

Closed Thread