It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Can damage at t10 cause chest pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
    gd72
    (male)

gd72 HB User
    Post Can damage at t10 cause chest pain

I hurt my back at work a few weeks ago. The pain never went away so I went to the docter who did x-rays and told me i have a t10 wedge compression and wants me to go have a MRI. I am curently waiting for workmens comp to tell me what to do. My question is, over the last few weeks i've hade chest pain and my docter says it is from my back injury, and not to worry about it. But, im worried about it, maybe a little freaked out. Im not worried about the back pain, just the chest pain. The pain isn't just in my chest , sometimes in my arms, hands, ribs, stomach and my neck, but as you can tell the chest has got me worried. Has anyone eles ever experenced this.
    Thanks for your input,
    gd72

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
    want a good out
    (female)

want a good out HB User
    Re: Can damage at t10 cause chest pain

Hi,
    It could be your compression fx. causing all your pain as the nerves from the spine wrap around the back and innervate the front.
    If you think in your heart it could be from something else, get it checked out. If you go to the ER and say "chest pain" most places will keep you and check your trop's and give you a stress test either treadmill or with medication with nuclear and you will know without a doubt where your pain is coming from.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:51 AM   #3
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I would get it checked out just to be sure. I had chest pain & rib pain & all my problems thus far are cervical with some lumbar thrown in. I had cardiac testing big time & it came back fine. When it all started it scared me big time. Looking back I know I was also having some major muscle spasms right in the left chest area. Because it took so long to find out what was wrong my PM doc thinks I have some muscle damage in the pec. region but I know how scary it can be. My heartrate would jump way up there enough have me sent to ER more then once. Anytime there is chest pain cardiac should be ruled out just in case. Good luck, Sammy

Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

Ouch! Is your blood presure ok and did your doctor do an ECG in the office? If this chest pain started around the time of your injury then I see how doctor said it is related, but if you are ever in question about what you are feeling the best course of action is to seek treatment and let the expert decide if it is nothing.

I have bulges in multiple places in my thoracic and I have at times significant chest pain that feels like squeezing pressure and tightness and can get really bad after activity. I had mine completely checked out after a couple trips to the ER.

familiarize yourself with the warnings signs of a heart attack and if you exhibit any get medical help. take care

Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
    gd72
    (male)

gd72 HB User
    Post Re: Can damage at t10 cause chest pain

I had a EKG last year that came back clean, I feel like it is a pinched nerve that is along for the ride with my injury, but it still is a bit scary. The pain spends most of its time around my chest area, sometimes at the top of my stomach, at the base of the strunum, "I thank u call it".
    It moves to my arms and sometimes the palms of my hands even hurt really bad, really weard stuff.
    The pain's did start at the same time as my injury, so I HOPE thats what it is, I really don't like docters very much and avoid them every chance i get, but it is good to hear that many of you had chest pain that turned out to be nothing.
    God bless you all
    gd72

Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

I saw in another post somewhere you might be looking for a doctor to help you. I know this is far from where you live but there is a top surgeon in Phoenix Arizona, named Curtis Dickman and he is with the Barrow Neuroligical Institute. He is well known and wrote one of the key textbooks on thoracic surgery. He saved someone I know when all other surgeons said her case was permanent and inoperable.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
    Jema X
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jema X HB User

Hey gd, I have a herniated disc at T8 and I suffer pain that wraps around my ribs, right side worse. It does come around to my sternum but is mainly a tight, stitch type pain around my ribs. I also occassionally get spasms that stop me from inhaling & I used to worry about my heart too. The surgeons now know that I have a crushed right t8 nerve. It can be terribly distessing and the panic can cause tingling in your fingers and hands - my dr says this is from lack of oxygen because I can't expand my lungs totally because of the pain. Mine was a workers comp too, I really feel for you because the surgery options are pretty scary compared to the rest of your spine too. I don't regret my surgery at all though. As everyone says tho, if you do think it's your heart, get it checked out - I just thought I'd let you know that I have a similar injury and that the chest pain is MUCH worse than the actual back pain. Good luck, I hope that the disc receeds over time. Juliet

Closed Thread