It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• m.r.i of the T1 and T2 show bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
    tanyam26
    (female)

tanyam26 HB User
    m.r.i of the T1 and T2 show bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing

m.r.i. axial and sagittal of the T1 and T2 imaging. conclusion diffused advanced degener ative disc disease with bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.no evidence of neurocompression.what does this mean and is there anything that can be done?

Last edited by Mod08; 03-13-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Your post has been moved to the correct board. This spinal disorder board is for thoracic and cervical problems. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: m.r.i of the T1 and T2 show bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing

Hello - I am a patient just like you. I have some thoracic problems as well. You have disc drying, shrinking at this level in your spine which is just about the level below that hump on the back of your neck. Very common aging process and also sometimes from previous injuries/accidents from long ago. It doesn't say but you must have some bone spurs (osteophytes) in there too. If you have the complete text from your MRI on the T1-T2 level you can type in in here and we will look at it for you. The neuro foramins are like little canals where the nerve roots leave your spinal cord and go to your extremities. The good news is your have narrowing but nothing is pressing on the nerve roots or spinal cord (neurocompression).

They usually only recommend surgery in thoracic spine for really bad cases because it is tricky and complex. What pain are you experiecing?

Common things to do for your condition is to use conservative therapies, like Physical therapy, massage, rest, ice/heat, certain pain medications depending on degree of pain, and also epidural spinal injections. For this type problem I personally would not allow adjustments by a chiropracter.

Closed Thread