It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Reverse cervical lordosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
    brinda57
    (female)

brinda57 HB User
    Reverse cervical lordosis

Reverse cervical lordosis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
    want a good out
    (female)

want a good out HB User
    Re: Reverse cervical lordosis

I'm not sure what you are posting. Is it a question or statement or what type of info are you looking for?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Reverse cervical lordosis is when the neck loses it's normal inward curve and actually starts to curve outward(kyphosis). It most commonly follows a laminectomy for cervical stenosis and takes place over a series of years. Newer methods of treating stenosis have improved the risks of kyphosis.

However, it can also happen spontaneously when the ligaments tear and the spine support is lost usually after some kind of accident. I've had it happen in my lumbar spine(ligament tear from nothing more than standing up) and my cervical spine following surgery for stenosis and happened less than 3 months after surgery(a new record according to my neurosurgeon).

Does that answer any of your concerns?

Jenny

Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
    sickofbackpain
    (female)

sickofbackpain HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
    Reverse cervical lordosis is when the neck loses it's normal inward curve and actually starts to curve outward(kyphosis). It most commonly follows a laminectomy for cervical stenosis and takes place over a series of years. Newer methods of treating stenosis have improved the risks of kyphosis.

However, it can also happen spontaneously when the ligaments tear and the spine support is lost usually after some kind of accident. I've had it happen in my lumbar spine(ligament tear from nothing more than standing up) and my cervical spine following surgery for stenosis and happened less than 3 months after surgery(a new record according to my neurosurgeon).

Does that answer any of your concerns?

Jenny

Old 07-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
    sickofbackpain
    (female)

sickofbackpain HB User

Jennybyc,
    It sounds like you have some experience with this thing called reverse cervical lordosis. I am so beside myself and just don't know who to believe anymore.
    I am almost 50 and have had upper trapezius back pain for a long time. In the last two years, it's been so debilitating I am in tears many days. I don't want to be on pain meds and just want to find a solution for this tightness in my upper back, but having such a hard time. I know from an MRI, I do have a slightly bulging disc in my neck a some disc degeneration, but nothing severe I'm told. I was told to try deep tissue massages, steriod injections, physical therapy and have tried all these remedies to no avail. I even tried botox injections to the back muscles thinking it would take the pain away. Well, needless to say, it was the biggest mistake of my life. It kills the nerve and what you are left with is a heavy dead weight feeling. It did nothing for the tightness I continue to feel and just made it worse because now I have to deal witht the heavy weight feeling and from what I've been told, it takes 5-6 months for this sensation to go away.
    Back in Oct of last year, the MRI showed kyphosis (loss of curve in neck), but now, after seeing a bio physics chiropractor, the x-ray shows reversal of the neck curve and he says this is the reason for the tight trapeze muscles and says I need to get the curve back and suggested traction. I am so sore from this treatment and feel worse. Do you know or does anyone know if this is really necessary? Has anyone out there experienced this? I am so sick of going to doctors... it's like whoever you go to and whatever they do, whether it's the acupucturist, chiropractor, etc.. they all say whatever they do will fix it. I don't know what to believe anymore. I appreciate anyone who responds. Again does the reverse curve need to be reversed? Is traction the best way? Has it worked on anyone? does anyone out there have extremely tight trapezius muscles? Thank you.

Closed Thread