It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Tethered Spinal Cord and Cavovarus foot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
    MyKidsMOM0122
    (female)

MyKidsMOM0122 HB User
    Tethered Spinal Cord and Cavovarus foot

Hi,

My son has had 2 tethered spinal cord releases since 10 months of age. Along with the tethered cord, he has had 4 surgeries on his left foot to correct a cavovarus foot deformity. He is very upset about his foot. He doesn't like the way it looks, it hurts sometimes, he walks with a limp, can't keep up with his friends and the left foot is about 6 sizes smaller than the right. He also should be wearing an orthotic in his shoe. (He does wear it at times,but not like he should).

He is having a very difficult time dealing with these issues. I should also say that he has PDD, Bi-Polar Depression and Anxiety Disorder, wears galsses and braces. He has it all.

His father has not been in his life for 12 years. I am a single Mom. Fortunately, I have a job in outside sales and can be flexible when needed. Does anyone know of someone that has a cavovarus foot that might be willing to discuss their disability and offer him support?

I would really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread