It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• indigestion and heart burn post ACDF

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
    stitcher8
    (female)

stitcher8 HB User
    indigestion and heart burn post ACDF

Has anyone had problems with indigestion, heart burn or acid reflux after the surgery? I had it every once in a while before the surgery. But I've had episodes of it almost everyday since the surgery. So I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
    Bobbyboo
    (female)

Bobbyboo HB User
    Re: indigestion and heart burn post ACDF

Hi

Yes, like you I have had gastritis and oesophagitis before the op. After the op it did get worse for a while and I think the acid was triggering the belching mechanism as I couldn't stop belching. I think it was the manipulation of the oesophagus during the operation and also general inflammation that caused it - I think all those bits are very close together but I am not medically trained. Glad to say that it has now gone back to pre-op levels - I took extra Pariet for it but that is a brand name - it is some type of acid blocker I take with my daily dose of aspirin.

Hope this helps Bobbyboo x

Closed Thread