It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Sciatica Nerve

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
    georgia68
    (female)

georgia68 HB User
    Sciatica Nerve

I've had this herniated disc problem for about a month now and hve been seeing a Therapist that has been working on my back. Does therapy work? It seem to have gotten worst. My right leg and knee hurts so-o badly. Much worst than it did before I started this. My back has never hurted andstill it doesn't. Some days the pain pill doesn't even work.

Georgia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: Sciatica Nerve

Hello, how many treatments have you had? Sometimes therapy can make back problems more irritated. Did your MRI say the herniation was pressing on nerve? I have this theory that if after about 5 PT sessions if you are not improving and getting worse - you need to stop it (from personal experience). THere are epidural injections they can do - this gives many people relief. I know a woman who just had nerve radiofrequency burning and her sciatica went away and she is back to her activities. There are many treatments available. If you are getting worse, time to go back to the doctor.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
    m a mills
    (male)

m a mills HB User
    Re: Sciatica Nerve

Hi,I have been suffering for what seems like an age.I have had surgery but then ended up with mrsa (uk hospital problem)oh ye i am in the uk.my problem seems to be getting worse in the fact that it is now calf,foot,thigh,hamstring,buttock.All i seem to be told is lets try this and that but nothing that you can call a possitive response.I play golf but have a buggy as i can not walk over 300 yrds.
    Have you found anything/drugs/surgery that may help.the pain never goes !
    Cheers
    Andy

Closed Thread