It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Degenerative Disc Disease after ACDF and PCDF

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
    Ronn9
    (male)

Ronn9 HB User
    Degenerative Disc Disease after ACDF and PCDF

Hello I have had plating and screws on c5 thru c7 front and back, now I am being told I have Degenerative disc disease and my Dr. has refered me to a pain managment Dr. Whats goin on here? Seems odd that after two surgeries I am now being told I have this. What exactly is it? Anybody with info on this. I would love feedback from please.
    Thanks in avance as always,
    Peace
    ~ Ron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: Degenerative Disc Disease after ACDF and PCDF

Degenerative disc disease is normal as anyone ages. Even more so in those of us with chronic spinal problems. Just because someone has surgery doesn't mean that the underlying cause (perhaps DDD) goes away.What you would need to clarify is what levels of the spine are they stating have "degenerative disc disease". Are those the same as you've had treated? Is this a new finding or what is present before surgery, etc.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
    Ronn9
    (male)

Ronn9 HB User
    Re: Degenerative Disc Disease after ACDF and PCDF

Hi SpineAZ,
    It is one vert above the fusion and two in the fusion so its, c4, c5, c6.
    Yes this is a new finding. This has never been brought up in the past 5 yrs I have been going thru this. Now I go in a few weeks to see a "pain management" Dr.... Kinda scary, like I`m all done and wont heal any better and now I just have to live with whatever happens now.

Closed Thread