It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• s.p.occulta, tailbone curves in, lipoma, low back pain & gastro issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
    iluvmysi
    (female)

iluvmysi HB User
    s.p.occulta, tailbone curves in, lipoma, low back pain & gastro issues

Hi, I'm new here. I hope I can find some answers to some issues I have had. I found out recently due to an x-ray, that my last vertebrae was malformed (cleft) also called spina bifida occulta. I have a lipoma in same area of lower spine just to the right of spine. It's not painful. My tailbone is curved inward as well. I started having low back pain on left side about five years ago, and certain moves I make generate pain, and i cannot lie down certain ways without there being pain, so I constantly need to adjust myself so there would be no pain. The pain is usually sharp, and sometimes just comes out of nowhere. The pain is not constant. I have also have had digestive issues my whole life. Mostly constipation, but my body makes so much gas. I have noticed that there are certain foods that make it worse, like alcohol, milk, soy milk, but at the same time, if i don't eat for 12 hours, I'm STILL gassy. I'm so gassy its not funny and very annoying. 99% of the time it's odor-less. I have had one miscarriage and have not been able to conceive. I don't believe in going the extra medical mile so I have not gotten my reproductive organs or hormone levels checked.

so anyway, I wonder if my spine issues could be causing my digestive/gastro issues....anyone else here with their last vertebrae malformed and/or curved in tailbone with same issues? i also get occassional "stress" rashes on my neck or face..they are just small red patches barely noticeable that are itchy. I have a cream i use to control those.

I had a physical recently and everything came back normal (I went because I haven't been able to lose weight despite eating better and more exercise) and my urine count came back with extra protein, but that was ruled out later in a urine test two weeks later, levels came back normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread