It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Thorasic Degenerative Disc Disease & Disc Bulge....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
    paranoids
    (male)

paranoids HB User
    Thorasic Degenerative Disc Disease & Disc Bulge....

I just had some xray (which found Degenerative Disc Disease) and CT Scan (which found multi Disc Bulge)
    Im hoping someone with experience could leave some feedback. Im 30 years old. I had severe pain around 2 years ago, (mainly from body building), but ever since i slowed down in training the pain has pretty much stopped. Yet i still have these conditions. which i did yesterday.
    Could i ask anyone who has similar problems, how serious are these. And how will it affect my life? Short and long term..
    Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
    nochange
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
    Re: Thorasic Degenerative Disc Disease & Disc Bulge....

Hello. Where is the disk disease and the bulging disk located?. Is it in the your neck or the back?.
    I know that bulging disk can turn to herniated disk in the future but I don't think doctors can tell you when, that what I was told.

You probably have also muscle strain cause of the bulging disk you know and that can cause PAIN also.

So the pain could be from the disks and the muscles altogether.

Not a very "good" way to live, I know.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
    paranoids
    (male)

paranoids HB User
    Re: Thorasic Degenerative Disc Disease & Disc Bulge....

Hi nochange,
    Thanx for the response.
    The bulge is also in the thorasic area (middle of my back, pretty much behind my chest) but my doctor told me the bulge is not pinching the nerves. Thats the diagnosis he came up with after reading the CT scan i did. He said the bulge sticks out away from the back nerves, and towards my chest. He said it was good news.
    Sometimes the pains there, sometimes its not. Depends how much rest i get.
    I kinda strained it yesterday by mistake, over stretched my back, caused a very sharp pain for a few seconds. (had to be nerve pain, i just froze from the pain) It kinda went away quickly, but left me with slight after pain, in the same area, for over 24 hours now.

Closed Thread