It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Nerve Block Inj

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
    bertee2007
    (female)

bertee2007 HB User
    Nerve Block Inj

Has anyone had an nerve block injection, and it work, Im really scared to have this shot, just wondering if anyone else has had it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
    Re: Nerve Block Inj

I had one done in the beginning of PM, did not work but have heard of others who had some success. Really was not bad. I'm going for one on my facet joint along with ESIs next wed. I'm nervous as I think most people are. The last ESI & nerve block before my fusion I was fine with, I had no expectations & just thought if it works that would be great. I dont know why I'm more nervous this time, probably because its on an area Ive never had done. Try not to worry & hope for the best & I'll try to take my own advice,lol. good luck & take care, Sammy

Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
    Toonces1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User

I have had nerve blocks, facet injections and ESIs. I was really scared the first time, but after that it wasn't that bad. If you are terrified of needles then it might be bad for you. My doc injected numbing medication as the needle was going in, so it didn't really hurt after the first poke, just a weird pressure.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
    soapies777
    (female)

soapies777 HB User
    Smile Re: Nerve Block Inj

I have had lots no problems feels like someone throwing darts at u very quickly and over very fast. Once u get though u have to "baby" it so it lasts longer. Hope this helps

Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

Hi bertee - I have had over 30 of these injections in my cervical, thoracic (mid back) and lumbar. They are a little scary until you have had one. But believe me - I would not keep getting them if there were horrible. Even on the worst ones, it is only about a minute of really bad. In the 30 injections I have had one bad experience pain wise. Sometimes you feel a little worse for a day, but then there is possibility you will feel lots better. They do not fix the problem but can help keep pain levels in acceptable ranges.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
    bgs
    (male)

bgs HB User

Curious on difference between Epidural versus Nerve Blocks?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
    bgs
    (male)

bgs HB User

Do you need PT after spinal injections?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

Epidural and nerve block are the same thing in this context:
    epidural spinal injection - it can be interlaminar (in the center space of the canal) or it can be transforanminal (at the nerve root - aka nerve block)

As for PT after an injection - some docs like to order PT if the epidural has helped you with a little relief to do some PT.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
    bgs
    (male)

bgs HB User

I have had more than 100 sessions of PT (Massage, electrical stimulation, heat etc.)- temp relief that shoots back next day. IC creating issues with more PT.

I had 2-3 cervical tractions that made me a bit dizzy but seemed to help the next day. However back to same pain the following day. Spine surgeon says he can provide traction unit for home- is it worth it?

I wasnt sure if PT is needed after epidural/nerve blocks/facet injections. Will I be ok without PT after injections if IC doesnt cover more PT

Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Both of my pain docs offer some mild sedation for injections - I've opted for it each time. Makes me relax a bit and makes it tolerable.

Closed Thread