It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Head and Cervical/Thoracic Injury- MRI/CT Cervical/Thoracic- Is surgery needed?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
    bgs
    (male)

bgs HB User
    Head and Cervical/Thoracic Injury- MRI/CT Cervical/Thoracic- Is surgery needed?

I had a serious head injury (Plane dropped several thousand feet and I flew up hitting my head to celings and was knocked down) two years ago. My previous cervical MRI showed disc bulging at C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6. My recent MRIs (April 2009) indicate:

Cervical:

-Reversal of normal lordosis.
    -Small Hemangioma in T1 Vertebra
    - Mild Spondylosis in multiple levels in Cervical spine

-C3-C4: Broad base disc/osteophyte complex which effaces anterior thecal sac but doesnt deform cord. Moderate narrowing of right neural foramen
    -C4-C5: Broad base disc/osteophyte complex which is INDENDTING the central cord. Moderate to severe left foraminal stenosis. Minimal narrowing on right
    -C5-C6: Small broad base disc/osteophyte complex which indents but does not efface anterior thecal sac. Mild Narrowing of left neural foramen
    -C6-C7: Left sided disc/osteophyte complex which moderately narrows left neural foramen. No significant spinal stenosis.

Spinal cord signal is normal throughout.

CT Cervical:

Bilateral uncovertebral joint spurs at C3-C4. C4-C5 and very minimal at C5/C6 and C6/C7. Spurs are moderate on right and small on left.

Thoracic:
    Slight Right curvature to spine- Mild Scoliosis (mild Levoscoliosis of lower thoraic spine and mild dextroscoliosis of cerviothoracic junction)

Otherwise normal.

EMG

Bilateral cervical radiculopathy at C5/C6/C7

I have been on constant significant pain since head injury- First several months was All head (felt like drunk)- then neck/back/arms/shoulder took over. Affects ear and eyes too.

PT and medications dont help much (Vicodin ES, Lyrica etc.). issues with WC for Epidural/Facet injections- shortly should be approved.

Also arthoscopic shoulder surgery required for tear to glenoid labrum and impingement.

Neurosurgeon says surgery will be required in near future- Spine surgeon says I have global pain from head injury (needs CRPS/RSD) and not sure on surgery.

Curious on feedbacks from experienced members (I havent detailed lots of head issues)- thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread