It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• soft tissue density component?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
    matt3507
    (male)

matt3507 HB User
    soft tissue density component?

Hi all,
    Anybody know what a "soft tissue density component" is. I guess I have one in my spine around c5-c6.

Take care all! matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: soft tissue density component?

That could be many things all the way from injury to infection to disease. Curious if you were in a auto accident or sports accident? Whiplash /hyperextension type injuries can show up like this. If you have significant motion in your segments that could also be the cause (slippage).

Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
    matt3507
    (male)

matt3507 HB User

Hi Neck,
    The mri report says it may be herniated disc material. The surgeon was not very concerned so I relaxed a little, but I am wondering now because my body is screwing up. Never had twitches before or clumsy hands. My neck is locking up on me now, also. And when I look down the skin on my back gets numb - weird feeling. The pain is the same.

My last job (2006) was construction and it was way too hard on my body. My body was basically a blunt tool. How stupid of me. I didn't listen to anybody because I felt awesome! Until my neck went out.

Neckpat., do you know how serious 1mm retrolisthesis c5 on c6 is? I am seeking a second opinion from another surgeon, but the one I just saw, like I said, didn't make a big deal about it. He offered fusion at c5-c6 if I couldn't live with the pain anymore.

Thx for the reply! Take care, matt

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neckpatient View Post
    That could be many things all the way from injury to infection to disease. Curious if you were in a auto accident or sports accident? Whiplash /hyperextension type injuries can show up like this. If you have significant motion in your segments that could also be the cause (slippage).

Last edited by matt3507; 09-21-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

matt3507 - you know 1mm is not that big but it all depends on your anatomy in your spine. The movement in there could be landing on a nerve or a part of the disc. It could be a little more than 1mm depending on when you are moving - you know how they take the MRIs when you are still! All in all by ways of movement it sounds like it is less than 20% but see what the 2nd opinion says. You probably don't have to fix, but you might want to seriously consider. The longer it goes on the more the spine will build up bone spurs and stuff trying to stabilize itself. Plus the more it will damage the disc and it will leak out stuff where it shouldn't be etc.. The spine has a mind of its own and reacts to the chemicals and stuff it creates in there. Good luck with the 2nd opinion.

Closed Thread