It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Paraplegic

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
    klick
    (female)

klick HB User
    Paraplegic

I would like to know what the chances are of a complete paraplegic regaining feeling or movement from a stell cell treatment? 3yrs in the chair already.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: Paraplegic

Hi Klick..welcome to the board. Stem cell transplants for spinal cord injuries are so experimental that I don't think anyone can give you a prognosis or stats on recovery. There have been way too few of them to know. Your best bet is to watch the progress on the internet and when you are ready try to get into a clinical trial somewhere or go to where ever they are trying it.

Good luck and gentle hugs, my friend................Jenny

Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
    klick
    (female)

klick HB User
    Re: Paraplegic

Jenny, thanks for you reply. I have been looking on the net and there is a procedure that is done in germany. bone marrow it taken from the hip and the doctors do something with it in a machine. then they inject what they took from the hip into the spinal fluid. The statistics on that is 62% of complete and incomplete spinal cord injuries recieve some even all feeling back. Also movement returns. Digestion and bladder function is better. But you are right I must keep looking.
    I am asking on behalf of a friend that was in a quad bike accident.
    thanks again Jenny.

Closed Thread