It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• had cervical fusion C-6-7 2 years ago now have reverse cervical lordosis bone spurr

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
    vic230
    (male)

vic230 HB User
    had cervical fusion C-6-7 2 years ago now have reverse cervical lordosis bone spurr

what does reverse cervical lordosis after already having a fusion mean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: had cervical fusion C-6-7 2 years ago now have reverse cervical lordosis bone s

It's actually a pretty frequent problem. A reverse of normal cervical lordosis means your neck has started to curve outwards. Normally, our necks are curved inwards but with arthritis and damage, it slowly starts to go straight. Then it can go further and start to curve outwards. Fusions contribute to it by fixing 2 vertebrae together and that makes them go straight. Then the pressure from the fusion on the other vertebrae can slowly make the rest of them follow suit. When it gets to the kyphosis stage(the opposite of lordosis)you usually hurt a lot and there can be other problems as well. Usually the doc has to go back in and fuse the rest of the neck back into shape.

Has your doc talked about surgery and if so, what is he proposing?

Jenny

Old 04-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
    marmarkib
    (female)

marmarkib HB User
    Re: had cervical fusion C-6-7 2 years ago now have reverse cervical lordosis bone s

Jenny, r u still there? Did u have the surgery you wrote about? I have severe kyphosis and a myelogram tomorrow to find out more.....anyone else out there been through this? tia! soory 4 abbrv. but have severe tendinitis right now

Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I'm here and answered your other post.

gentle hugs...........Jenny

Closed Thread