It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 9mm rounded non specific focus of marrow abnormality rt. iliac wing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
    monte perez
    (male)

monte perez HB User
    9mm rounded non specific focus of marrow abnormality rt. iliac wing

Recently I injured my back by lifting a heave object. I was in a lot of pain for more than a month and finally had an mri. The diagnosis was lumbar radiculopathy. After 2 months I am finally feeling better. Here is a summary... 1. Multi level lumbar spondylosis. There is resultant mild narrowing of the spinal canal at L4 and L5 and severe right and moderate left sided neural forminal narrowing at L5 and S1. Non spedific 9mm focus of marrow signal abnormality within the rt. iliac wing which is incompletely assessed on the current study. Consider bone scan for further evaluation. The latter is my main concern. I would like to know some of the possibilities before the bone scan. My doctor is saying nothing and yet when I asked him if I really neede the bone scan he did not seem to insist. He said sometimes on open mri's this happens. But why only one 9mm spot? I am totally confused because when I try to find information all i fine is the worst.(ms,tumor,cancer,etc) Can you please help me understand. Since I am feeling much better now I don't think the two are related. Thank you. Monte Perez I am 61 years old

Last edited by monte perez; 10-18-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: add age to question

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: 9mm rounded non specific focus of marrow abnormality rt. iliac wing

You may want to also post your question on the Back Pain board as much of the discussion here centers around neck pain/issues. I don't know what the finding could mean - are you dealing with a Neurosurgeon or Orthopedic Spine Surgeon or just your primary care physician?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
    monte perez
    (male)

monte perez HB User
    Re: 9mm rounded non specific focus of marrow abnormality rt. iliac wing

I'm dealing with an m.d. specializing in in spinal disorders. thanks. monte

Closed Thread