It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Not L'Hermitte's but Similar?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
    Suzy-Q
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suzy-Q HB User
    Not L'Hermitte's but Similar?

Hello,
    Most often upon rising from bed in the am, I experience a very strange ...sensation of imbalance or light-headedness as I turn or move my head. It isn't pain and it isn't a shock. It's as though I am short-circuiting. Everything feels a bit unreal for a few seconds. Vertigo is too strong a word. But light-headed doesn't fit very well either. Very strange. Anyway, I had a spell of this 2 years ago but when it resolved we thought nothing much of it and decided it wasn't related to my cervical situation. And here I am, once more, worried I might take a fall and using the walls for support. I have stumbled many times. And my last spell of this got so it was happening all day, some days.
    Anyone familiar with this? C-5-6 herniation with mild cord compression for me. Thanks - SQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: Not L'Hermitte's but Similar?

Hello suzy-q, I had this before my C's were fixed. I had no dizziness or odd feelings any other time than when arising from a flat position or from going to a lying position. At one point I even suspected inner ear. I would get "the spins." and lightheaded feeling. Not at all like low blood pressure etc.. This resolved after my first surgery at C4-6.
    Maybe it could be your cervical. When I get more time I will read your other posts to compare.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
    Suzy-Q
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suzy-Q HB User
    Re: Not L'Hermitte's but Similar?

Once again - thanks for the valuable feedback. I was quite sure it had to be part of the cord pressure but knowing others can relate is always reassuring. Well, I'm happy to hear I have the hope of resolving this for good. It isn't a terrible sensation but it sure isn't much fun either and a fall is nothing to take lightly. Thanks again. SQ

Closed Thread