It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Brief loss of bowel control hemangioma problem?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
    soapies777
    (female)

soapies777 HB User
    Brief loss of bowel control hemangioma problem?

Ok I'm a little scared a had a brief loss of bowel control. What I was wondering is could this be my hemangioma t2 because they told me if I loss bowel or bladder control it's an emergency and go to hospital. But it was only a small amount of time so I don't know if it's my hemangioma or not. Thanks for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: Brief loss of bowel control hemangioma problem?

Do you mean you had a drip from sneeze or a cough , or you are having a constant tiny dribbling? Or that you had a large amout of urine loss, like complete loss of control? It is the complete loss of control -that they say is the immediate emergency.

If this is new and unusual and never happened before and you are having repeated episodes I think you should go to ER. If this was a one time occurence and everything seems to be working now, I think you could call your doctor on Monday. That's what I would do based on what they told me.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
    soapies777
    (female)

soapies777 HB User

Hi, neckpatient thank you very much for getting back to me. You always help me out. I had this weird thing almost like a spasm where i felt i couldn't control my poop sorry for the graphic i thought i had pooped my pants and then it went away. I am ok now i think i get myself worked up because they say that my hemangioma could fracture and that was one of the warning signs. Thanks again

Old 11-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
    matt3507
    (male)

matt3507 HB User

Hi Soapies,
    Of course I'm not a doc. I know the ER is something undesirable in many ways. We don't want to "waste a trip", even though what a lot of chronic pain patients can take would be a trip to the ER right now for a healthy non-cp person. I would go or at least get an appt. From what you explained, I would consider an emergency and go or see the surg. Maybe if you call I bet the receptionist could give the surg. your complaint and see if the surg. wants to see you right away, etc...

I'm sure you know that when things start to go bad your pain subsides and the part of the cord and down where the compression is will start dieing. Permanent damage to the nerve will occur and you will have numbness and loss of control. Just my 2 cents.

Will you post if you make your decision? I'm sure you also know it might take a full week for more vets. to weigh in. take care, matt

Closed Thread