It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 10 days post ACDF and caught a cold!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
    happynessa
    (female)

happynessa HB User
    10 days post ACDF and caught a cold!

Frankly I'm just looking for pity Coughing and coughing and coughing. I guess it's a good workout for the neck muscles. My PCP looked a bit scared when he came in the exam room to see me sat on his table with this big ugly brace on. I had to calm his fears and tell him I was just there for some cough syrup and antibiotics.

Apart from the bronchitis I'm doing great. Probably more than I should. It's really hard to refrain from reaching up over my head for things or to wait for someone else to pick stuff up that I've dropped. Maybe I needed the cold to slow me down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
    Bobbyboo
    (female)

Bobbyboo HB User
    Re: 10 days post ACDF and caught a cold!

Sorry you are feeling so awful. I worried too when I caught a cold not long after my ACDF - I didn't have a brace and was worried that I would dislodge the cage with the violence of the coughing. Luckily at my 6 month checkup an X-ray showed that I was well fused so no damage done in that respect!

Take care of yourself and glad that you are doing well, apart from the cold which hopefully will soon pass.

Bobbyboo x

Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
    happynessa
    (female)

happynessa HB User

oh gosh, I never thought about the coughing slowing down the fusion. I didn't get a typical implants. I think my implant doesn't allow for movement. I see my doc next week so I guess I'll find out then. At this point I'm just glad to still be here.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-18-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

Oh happynessa take good care of yourself that's the pits! Drink lots of hot tea and stay warm. Watch that cough - and protect your neck. I have asthma and when I get bad coughs I can cough so hard I once split a rib. So kind of watch it so you don't irritate your chest wall and ribs and neck - that would make you feel even worse. I have been getting increasingly bad over the past couple weeks with my lumbar. Got scheduled for injections for 2 weeks away - unless someone cancels. I got my teeth cleaned yesterday and somehow irritated my cervical when I got up from the chair I started having the spins soooo bad. I can't walk straight, and for most of today had to keep my eyes closed. A little better tonight.

Update soon how your are doing. Take care NP

Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
    happynessa
    (female)

happynessa HB User

Still coughing and coughing and coughing. It's two weeks since my surgery and I still have numb hands. I did not have numb hands before surgery so I'm really worried that this is permenant.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
    syringostacy
    (male)

syringostacy HB User

Hi I have Syringomyeila, I've had the shunt surgery in 2004 in my neck at the tip of my brain. I still have pain in my left arm and my hand is always in pain, I also have no feeling in the arm I don't feel hot or cold. it's so strange it's numb but painfull
    I can't sit for long or stay standing, walking is way to painfull to do, but you have to do it as long as you can, I wont give up to pain. I would like to talk to someone eles with this disorder. it still feels new to me, and hard to deal with

Closed Thread