It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• buzzing and hot spots in legs and feet

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2002, 07:30 PM   #1
    directorofnursing
    Inactive

directorofnursing HB User
    buzzing and hot spots in legs and feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had been diagnosed with bulging discs in my lower spine several years back,I have had difficulties off and on, many times I have a great discomfort in my back that is releived when I cross my legs and squeeze together it usually pops and im ok for awhile....But lately i've had a new problem I get hot spots in my feet and I have a buzzing feeling in my legs and feet, does anyone else have this problem???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2002, 02:49 AM   #2
    Unregistered

Re: buzzing and hot spots in legs and feet

Hi,
    I have been diagnosed with neck problems - am due to have new tests, MRI and so on end of month. I have pain in left arm/hand. But recently down left leg - and - this weird buzzing in legs/feet!!
    I've consulted rhumatologist who's not too sure what it might stem from. My brain MRI's from some time ago were normal. Blood tests don't show up anomalies like Parkinson or other. I think you too should proceed by elimination. Sounds to me a bit like it's lumbar.
    Horrid not feeling well isn't it!!

Best

Berenice

Old 03-08-2002, 07:13 AM   #3
    jjkursed

jjkursed HB User

Hi,
    I also get this. I think it has to do with nerves. I get hot spots in my feet and legs. I also get that buzzing/tingling feeling somethings it feels really cold.

I also get an area of my leg where it feels like I have an itch and when I touch it the whole area around it burns up.

As far as I know, mine is do with nerves being compressed. I damaged L1 and now there is less space in the middle of the bone for the nerves so from time to time they get compressed. Also the bones beneath L1 don't function properly all the time so this just adds to my symptoms.

Hope this is of somehelp.
    jjkursed

Old 03-08-2002, 07:28 AM   #4
    Lizzie51427
    Inactive

Lizzie51427 HB User

Dear JJ and all:
    I had the same thing in my right arm/hand before surgery. My right hand would itch SO bad, and when I'd scratch it, it'd feel like it was on fire!This is definitely from nerve compression. Berenice, have you considered you may have lower disc problem also? Maybe you could check this out...? Anyway, I had numbness in my right leg, well, not really numbness, but I couldn't feel the weight on it .when standing, but I think maybe my muscles were so messed up from my neck for so long, that it was starting to affect my whole posture and everything...That is getting better now also, and walking on my treadmill helps too. By the way, I slipped on the ice Wednesday after my physical therapy session, going to the car, and I'm hoping I didn't hurt myself...What bad luck,huh? I did light weights that day, first time, so I'm not sure where the soreness is coming from. I'm just taking it VERY easy now, and hoping it'll be okay. Hope you are well! Lizzie

Old 03-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #5
    Unregistered

Lizzie,
    I'm most upset to read that you slipped on the ice Wednesday. I hope you'll be okay. Please let us know.
    And of course you are right - I've had bouts of lumbago since I was twenty-five years old... A sort of osteopath did me in. I was too supple - and he was showing off... Also, I know that my whole spine is not in good shape. Showed up in ordinary xrays ten years ago. Disc degeneration. So I'm really deluding myself that I have one bone spur to remove and one herniated disc to be careful of and then I'd be great.
    I just want to think there is hope and that things aren't simply going to get worse. There's so much out there I'm going mad to do!!
    Now - love to you - and to everybody else!! And thank you for your reply Jj... (I'm originally from Dublin by the way.) It really is a helpful board.
    Berenice

Closed Thread