It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Tethered Cord

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2002, 05:10 AM   #1
    Jignesh Shah

Jignesh Shah HB User
    Tethered Cord

Hello,

I am Jignesh Shah from Gujarat (India). I have a problem of Spina Bifida. I was operated when I was one month old. Then, I was able to walk, run and drive vehicle.

Before 2 years, I felt that I was developing weakness in my legs. I could not run. I was also facing difficulty in continuous walking. However, I could walk independetly and was able to drive vehicle. But, the weakness was increasing. I consulted neurosurgeon and came to know that I had a problem of tethered cord with lipoma. I was operated for that 4 months back. The operation was successful. But after operation, I could not walk independently. The doctor told me that this is due to my muscle weakness. And I have to work very hard to gain my muscle power. Though I am trying very hard since last 3 months, I am not able walk without support.

My muscle power of legs are as given below:

Right Leg
    Quadriceps 3++ 1+ (wearing brace)
    Abductors 2++ 2-
    Hemstring 4+ 4
    Hip muscles 2+ 2+

Is anybody there to guide me whether this is normal procedure after tethered cord operation?

Are my movements restricted only because of weak muscles?

Has anybody come across this type of problem?

I would be very grateful if anybody could throw light on my condition.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread