It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Hand Tremors & Cervical Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
    slimmy

slimmy HB User
    Hand Tremors & Cervical Problems

I have problems in my cervical area that I won't go into until I see my doctor this thursday for MRI results. Just a brief summary on the phone with nurse.
    I have experienced upon holding a drink or magazine,of hands trembling like an old lady, and there are days when my whole body feels like it. Can anyone share their experiences of this nature and what the diagnoses was? I also wake at night like my body is having tremors inside. Thanks & Take Care,Slimmy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
    Mace
    (male)

Mace HB User
    Re: Hand Tremors & Cervical Problems

Slimmy,

I had a SCI in May 2000 at C 5/6. Since then my left hand and arm will shake at night and sometimes during the day. When getting out of bed my legs and body will shake so bad I have to wait for it to stop before walking. Also, loud and sudden noises will cause my arm and hand to jerk enough that anything I'm holding goes flying.

Hope this is food for thought as all this came from an injury.

Good Luck, God Bless, Mace

Old 11-25-2001, 11:16 PM   #3
    Lory
    Inactive

Lory HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slimmy:
    <B>I have problems in my cervical area that I won't go into until I see my doctor this thursday for MRI results. Just a brief summary on the phone with nurse.
    I have experienced upon holding a drink or magazine,of hands trembling like an old lady, and there are days when my whole body feels like it. Can anyone share their experiences of this nature and what the diagnoses was? I also wake at night like my body is having tremors inside. Thanks & Take Care,Slimmy</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Do not let me scare you, but please ask your Dr. about the possibilitiy of Parkinson's Disease. I have both it and cervical problems -- scheduled for C-4 fusion Dec. 10. Had C5/6 and C6/7 fused in 94, was told 2-20 years to next surgery. Sure was hoping for the latter. PD did not occur until severla years after that surgery, but from what I read, they go togehter often, as does fibromyalgia. Lory

Old 12-08-2001, 07:25 AM   #4
    Laurebelle

Laurebelle HB User

Hi Slimmy, I have the same symptoms, depends on the day , books, glasses, cup, pen I lose control even droped a few things. I don't know if you read my earlier post I have MRI results, herniation of C 5-6, I also have had 4 carpal tunnel releases since '94 My nuero said it's a possibility that this was my probelm all along. I go to NS in Ashville on Jan 8 to see what he says.
    God thank you for letting me find this BB I thought I was going crazy!

Closed Thread