It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Soft Collar vs Hard Collar vs No Collar

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2002, 09:08 AM   #1
    Michael Hurts A Lot

Michael Hurts A Lot HB User
    Soft Collar vs Hard Collar vs No Collar

I wonder why some people are given hard collars and some are given soft collars? When I woke up after my ACDF, I was wearing a soft collar. Dr Rambo -- (nice name for a neurosurgeon huh? But he is supposed to be the best trauma neurosurgeon in the southeast and he in practice with my neuro) -- came into my hospital room the morning after my procedure and told me they were gonna let me go home -- I was eating, drinking and talking with no problems. I rated my pain/discomfort at 0. He told me to wear the soft collar 7 days/nights then throw it away. The day after I was out of the hospital, my doctor called and told me I could get rid of the collar immediately. I asked if I still had to sleep in it and he said he saw no reason to. I see on here that some people have to wear hard collars for several weeks and then go to soft collars for a few more weeks. I wonder why that is....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread